Tudor Jones named in Weinstein class action

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by truetype, Jun 1, 2018.

1. truetype

truetype

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/harvey-weinstein-class-action-suit-miramax-1202827781/

MIRAMAX FILM NY, LLC, THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY, DISNEY ENTERPRISES, INC., HARVEY WEINSTEIN, ROBERT WEINSTEIN, DIRK ZIFF, TIM SARNOFF, MARC LASRY, TARAK BEN AMMAR, LANCE MAEROV, RICHARD KOENIGSBERG, PAUL TUDOR JONES, JEFF SACKMAN, JAMES DOLAN, MIRAMAX DOES 1-10, and JOHN DOES 1-50, inclusive, Defendants. No. 1:18-cv-04857 JURY TRIAL DEMANDED CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT Case 1:18-cv-04857 Document 1 Filed 06/01/18

dealmaker and murray t turtle like this.
  2. Interesting. He's on the TWC board if I'm not mistaken hence the connection. My guess is they're alleging that PTJ was aware of HW's behaviour but did nothing at the time.

That and the fact that he is really rich!

3. OK, here you go:

The Weinstein Sexual Enterprise had many participants, grew over time as the obfuscation of Weinstein’s conduct became more difficult to conceal, and included (i)TWC, TWC’s Board of Directors (including Robert Weinstein, Dirk Ziff, Tim Sarnoff, Marc Lasry, Tarak Ben Ammar, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg, and Paul Tudor Jones — collectively, the “Board”), Weinstein, and Miramax, all of whom are responsible for Weinstein’s sexual offenses because Weinstein acted within the scope of his employment and/or these persons and entities ratified or concealed Weinstein’s conduct or participated in the decades-long campaign to squelch complaints or to illegally procure the silence of victims,witnesses and others (collectively, the “Weinstein Participants” or “RICO Defendants”);

and

26. Defendant Paul Tudor Jones is a citizen of the United States and a resident of Palm Beach, Florida. Jones was a director of TWC from October 2015 to October 2017. Jones knew of Weinstein’s pattern and practice of predator y sexual conduct toward women from his personal relationship with Weinstein and his position as a director of TWC.