TT vs. Rithmic for DoM orders - best CME executions?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by KeLo, Feb 17, 2018.

1. KeLo

KeLo

Edit: I probably should have posted this under Order Executions, but I don't see a way to delete and move it.

In your experience, which is better for Price Ladder orders best CME executions?
    TT vs. Rithmic ?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. p0box4

p0box4

I have no experience with TT.

I am very satisfied with Rithmic.
    Only downside for me is when you move your mouse over the bid/ask they dissapear so you can no longer see the current bid/ask quantities.

This might be an issue depending on your trading style.

KeLo likes this.
  3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

From my experience, if you are a manual trader, even very shortterm (seconds !), you wont notice any difference between TT and Rithmic feed.
    CQG in combination with Sierra chart is also an excellent package, in the hypervolatile and fast markets of the past 2 weeks I had zero lags or problems with the CQG + Sierra combo, even in the NQ, which was jumping around like insane on those VIX spike days.

So I would say try them all out, because there are some differences, but the speed and reliability is excellent on all 3. The differences I talk about are more regarding the platforms (TT, Rithmic RTrader, Sierra Chart, CQG Qtrader...). They are all very good, but it comes down to what you really need and also just your personal taste. Me for example, I like TT very much (one of the reasons is they offer the (E)PIQ feature in their platform), but I also really like Sierra Chart in combination with CQG, it is ultra customizable. Rithmic's RTrader platform is also very nice, I just dont like that you dont have a 100% static DOM there.

patrickrooney and KeLo like this.
  4. algofy

algofy

If your platform is TT, then you should experience no real difference between the feeds. If you’re getting TT data through an api or fix connection, TT has some limitations on bid/ask history. At least it did awhile back.

KeLo likes this.
  5. KeLo

KeLo

Thanks. It is all helpful. Have a great weekend. :D

6. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

For symbols that trade on the CME Group’s exchanges we show position in queue of your orders in the order book in R | Trader Pro. Our position in queue is based on the MBO data from Globex so it is not an estimate.

KeLo likes this.