TT EUR/USD Trade

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Tsing Tao, Jan 8, 2013.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Draghi indicated that he was in no rush to lower rates.

#11     Jan 10, 2013
  2. 230 pips buys a Lot of steaks
    I'd have set my stop at 1.3140 - the High of the session, but I don't use stops

hope the charts give an idea of where the price has come from and where it's going
    into March at least and continuing up until the US of A debt/sequester is/isn't resolved

#12     Jan 10, 2013
  3. I got lucky on that one

didn't like the way my strategy was looking and covered my short at a loss at 3116 (just an hour before the move)

decided to try my old scalping strategy

almost immediately it got me long at 3107

next thing I know, the pnl is moving in my favor so fast it looks like an old fashioned pinball machine

the hell with the rules, just get out and sort it all out later when that happens

plus, my scalping strategy uses about 3 times more size than my spreading strategy, so it was quite impressive

I got out somewhere way up there

I think since then I have taken a small profit and a small loss, I forget what side that was on

now here I am long from 3249 with a hard stop at 3218

#13     Jan 11, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I guess we will soon see. I think the high will not surpass the 3360 area. But again, I could very well be wrong. In fact, it looks quite like I will be.

#14     Jan 11, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Aaaand...stop was hit. I will look to re-enter when the current fever runs it's course.

#15     Jan 11, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm wondering if my stop wasn't just a tad too low. I'm going to re-enter a position shortly, same direction - half size. Will post it when I do.

#16     Jan 11, 2013
  7. lot of buyers down there at 3150, trying to get in on the next move up

but then again, many are wrong many times

stop was a tad way too high (in hindsight)

hard to make it back on half the size

one time I got fixated on short wheat, it became my Moby Dick, and ate me alive

You sure you are that bullish on the usd?

#17     Jan 11, 2013
  8. i'm still short.. only 15k.. i was only 5k short at 1.30625 added 10k at 1.32250 so i'm 15k short.. taken alot of heat! at this point i obviously didn't reliaze it was going to go up as far as it did.. when it compressed down into the 1.30500 area i figured it would break down.. long term trend is still up it looks like its up...

#18     Jan 11, 2013
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Order filled early this morning night - short at 1.3395 for the same target. Stop for this is a tad more than 100 pips up (1.3495 area).

#19     Jan 14, 2013
  10. cstfx

cstfx

Did you halve the size or keep it the same? Don't see it having much more of an upside before we get a retracement

#20     Jan 14, 2013