TST Combine 20-day 50K Summary

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ace_Rothstein, Jul 9, 2014.

1. I've attached my last combine - was trading it in conjunction with my equities prop account so was not able to devote full time to it (excuses, excuses), but will be starting another in a couple weeks and want to post about it here. Will be trading mostly ES although also now trade NQ as well.

Gross positive, net negative for now so needing to adjust to these smaller sizes (used to throwing around bigger positions but have not had capital for it in recent yrs)

2. Forgot attachment, here it is...

3. Awful lot of trades in there. Are you targeting 1 tick at a time ? You know the fills will be much different live than in a sim. The fills are generous in SIM. Trading ES and targeting 1 tick is a fools errand IMO.

4. targeting 3-7 ticks with stops of 2-5 ticks.

I didnt find the fills to be that generous at all (I watched time-and-sales for ES tick-by-tick). From what I saw, the fills would err on the side of caution - since they were not actually sent to exchange there is no way of knowing, but I found that many times when I had a resting order out there I was only filled once the price blew through (so I was last filled even though I should have had some priority in many cases).

5. Trading plan sounds pretty reasonable but the winning % needs to be higher in order to be able to come out positive. I would cut down on the number of trades per day. Stick to the best setups only.

Best of luck with the new combine!

6. 1) FWIW, don't let "bad days" get too "bad". :)
    2) You got yourself into a bad "hole" when you started out previously. :cool:
    3) Among your profitable days, were there times you recovered from a sizeable loss to be profitable by the end of the day? :confused:

7. Thanks for comments. Yeah, I dont usually come back from the bigger down days so I am going to use a smaller stop-loss (was using the 1k TST limit as my stop-loss but it should be smaller), I get psyched out on large red pnl days and dont often come back fully so that is one change I am making.

I make most money before 945am and after 6pm and end up getting steamrolled in the 10-3pm timeframe so I am going to focus on just those times going forward.

8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I've only spoken with/observed a couple of micro scalpers and their win rate is upwards of 90%.