TSLA Earnings - it pops 10% - up $30.00 during AH.

Discussion in 'Options' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earnings season coming to a close.

• TSLA at $302.55.
    • Up 10% after earnings.
    • TSLA May04 330.00 call at $2.16.
    • Thursday's price target $330+.

2. Interesting. Are earnings coming in profitable?

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

They only lost $3.35/share.
    Better than expected!
    Buy buy buy!
    :D

4. schweiz

schweiz

Tesla made this year Q1 the biggest loss ever. $784.6 million.
    Last year Q1 was only $330 million

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    elitenapper likes this.
  5. Vanzandt, did you go all-in in options for the quarterly reports?
    I remember that one Fossil watch report you mentioned...of turning $10,000 into like $500,000.

That would be a complete dream trade for anyone. Go all-in, and Boom...retire the next day.
    That would make everyone on ET Razzle Dazzle in 2018. High-Five`...unfortunately, we're all just paper traders...and/or too scared to make such trades and gambles with real money.
    Back then I was browsing Tourbillon watches on eBay. I would love to one day...wear a $300,000 or $500,000 wrist watch.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

If TSLA is going down... I am short.
    If TSLA is going up.... I am long.
    ......The Great and All Knowing Zandy knows All.
    :D

7. A question about trading vertical spreads.

Suppose you buy a TSLA May 18 $300 Put and sell a May 18 $280 Put today, and TSLA goes to $280 at some point tomorrow, and looking to go lower, do you close the trade right away, or close just the short leg?

Now suppose TSLA trades against me, what would be a sensible range to close the trade to stop loss? Up to $310? $320?

• I would close both legs since you are at maximum reward.
    • And reconsider debit spreads in the future.
    • Open new long put position with a strike below 280.00.

elitenapper likes this.
  8. I like your handle. if you are elitenapper, then I am superEliteNapper.... to answer your question, it depends on your future outlook of the stock. If you think it will continue to go lower, you could sell a lower vertical around the area you think it might stop and reverse (maybe some support level), then you'd end up w a condor, or sell a back month vertical to lock in a vertical calendar swap. so many ways to lock in a profit . There is always of course the option of simply booking the profit and... well.. take a nap. As far as verical going south on you due to upmove .. same thing, taking a loss is usually the best option.

elitenapper likes this.
  9. nursebee

nursebee

OOPS

#10     May 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.