Trump’s movement ‘only just beginning,’ president to say in farewell address

Discussion in 'Politics' started by themickey, Jan 19, 2021.

1. themickey

themickey

Published: Jan. 19, 2021 at 4:09 p.m. ET
    By Chris Matthews https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...arewell-address-11611090545?mod=mw_latestnews

im-287311.jpeg
    President Donald Trump will use his final hours in office to deliver a valedictory address summarizing his accomplishments and promising supporters that his political movement will continue even after he’s out of power.

“Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday, I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning,” the president plans to say at an address scheduled for 8 a.m. Eastern, according to an excerpt released by White House spokesman Judd Deere.

Trump will reportedly give the address before his final departure from Joint Base Andrews. He has stated that he will not attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. It will be the first time a living ex-president did not attend the inauguration of his successor in roughly 150 years.

The president will focus his speech on his administration’s accomplishments, which he says include building “the greatest economy in the world,” rallying nations to “stand up to China like never before” and encouraging Israel’s normalization of relations with Arab states, including Bahrain and United Arab Emirates.

“I am especially proud to be the first president in decades who has started no new wars,” Trump will say, though the president has ordered numerous military strikes in Syria, Yemen, Iraq and other places.

Vice President Mike Pence will not attend Trump’s farewell speech, with the Washington Post reporting that logistical challenges prevent him from attending that speech and Biden’s inauguration.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  2. themickey

themickey

images-2.jpeg

userque likes this.
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

You call them out lol.

5. themickey

themickey

I suppose there is one thing to be thankful about Trump, that's putting a spotlight on another scam which operates with impunity in US, the evangelical empire.

Tony Stark and Ricter like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

8AM tomorrow? They're a bit late to the party...He pushed it out on Youtube like an hour ago.

BeautifulStranger likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

9. tomtr27

tomtr27 Guest

Eva ist das Beste. Adam geht nach Hause
    Maria is laughing for his daughter hahahahahaha

10. notagain

notagain

CQ 17:03 God Given Freedom

#10     Jan 19, 2021
    tomtr27 likes this.