Home > Community Lounge > Politics > Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon of Breitbart says in explosive book

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon of Breitbart says in explosive book

1. Bannon, who was chief executive of the Trump campaign in its final three months, then White House chief strategist for seven months before returning to the rightwing Breitbart News, is a central figure in the nasty, cutthroat drama, quoted extensively, often in salty language.

He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

The meeting was revealed by the New York Times in July last year, prompting Trump Jr to say no consequential material was produced. Soon after, Wolff writes, Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers.

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

Bannon went on, Wolff writes, to say that if any such meeting had to take place, it should have been set up “in a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people”. Any information, he said, could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication”.

Bannon added: “You never see it, you never know it, because you don’t need to … But that’s the brain trust that they had.”

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to fucking Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff

2. After a year of Trump being your President you are reduced to quoting Breitbart and Bannon via The Guardian.
    You sir have NO credibility. None. Nada.
    Now go tape your head up. FOOL!

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha

3. First, Trump isn't President, he is the Russian ambassador to the United States. The real President is Putin and that's obvious to everyone with a functioning brain. Putin owns that pedophile's double chin like one of his many Russian whores.

And I am not quoting Breitbart, I quoted Bannon who unlike most of your treasonous ilk, he can comprehend treason.

Third, I don't need lectures from birther Trump supporters on credibility.

Keep laughing though, Captain Mueller will take care of the traitors.

4. I ordered 3 cases for you. You're going to need it.

upload_2018-1-3_9-50-39.png

5. Someone is sure triggered seeing Bannon turning on the Trump crime family.

6. One doesn't need to read Breitbart to know the White house in infested with self enriching criminals. The fact that Bannon had to say it is proof. Maybe it's his way of saying he spilled his guts out at Muller's office.

7. The wheels are coming off the Trump train.

8. The meeting was in fact treasonous and I hope those involved are imprisoned.

9. There might be a bit of a problem in Trumpland and the right wing media :) 9BE041A2-4604-4747-A625-CC48B5B9DD61.jpeg 9E80E651-2C8B-4819-A132-5D48B95AC11D.png E6A564CA-919A-49A1-918B-BB7D1D41BBAE.jpeg

10. These dimwit right wingers on ET don't know which way to pivot on this one..Hiliarious, the Trump lovefest just took a huge punch to the gut.

11. Bannon is clearly trying to cover his ass as he sees the FBI closing in.
    Assuming that is really a statement from Trump and not from some hotel room in Russia, then there can't be anymore emphatic evidence that "our President" needs to be immediately admitted to an institution, but what kind?: one for the mentally deranged, or one for criminals. He is either hopelessly out of touch with reality or a criminal who knows he is lying. In the words of Michael Bloomberg, "God Help Us!".

12. Today’s proof that irony is dead, Donald Trump says Steve Bannon has lost his mind.

13. I was thinking that as well

14. First rule in D.C. Politics is CYA, just ask the Clintons.

15. this probably is in part a CYA but it is also
    breaking with Trump as we see him selling out the base time after time.

I also dispute the fact that you all think most of us are pro Trump. Many of us were anti hillary and wish to see the swamp drained. most of us not happy with his is sell outs. And, many of us would be happy to see him challenged by a Rand Paul type.

And, if Bannon comes out and confirms this story and says its over with Trump because his is selling out the base, I don't see how Trump can get re elected.

But, also... I doubt this quote in the book is entirely accurate.
    would Bannon really say this..

" Any information, he said, could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication”."

16. Bannon is an unlikely hero for the country, but he just might be, especially if this leads to Trump being removed.

18. Denying reality. This is a classic case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

19. Whatever helps you rationalize your support for a criminal.

20. So the Pathological Liar is saying that all the people he hired are liars.

All of them. And Comey and everybody but him, even though he's a pathological liar.

21. Trump in October, two months after firing Bannon: "Steve is been a friend of mine for a long time. I like Steve a lot. Steve is doing what Steve thinks is the right thing."

22. Nobody is buying your 3 card monte game.

23. then you don't understand that many if not most of the conservatives and libertarians on this board and most other places are for more anti establishment, anti swamp and anti clinton than Pro Trump. I must have said close to a dozen times if Trump is guilty I hope he gets punished. I was for Cruz not Trump back in the primaries.

I have negatively criticized his tax bill, his health care bill and his weakness on immigration. so when you call out that conservatives are confused (or whatever you said exactly) I am not in that category. I don't want democrats to win because of the Supreme Court... but at the moment I don't think Trump is doing a better job for the base than any other candidate would have done? If he gives up DACA, didn't get signficant tax cuts for most of the base and screwed up repeal and replace how is he different than Rubio or Bush or Kasich or Romney? The probably all would have picked Gorsuch. So at the moment I hope Mueller gets him out of office in time for a Paul or Cruz or a better non establishment republican to replace him. I reserve the right to change my mind if he does better.

24. You voted for Trump.If you lived in AL you would have voted for Moore.

25. I voted against a pedo and his lying enabling wife you voted for her.

regarding moore... I might not have voted for Moore. I might have stayed home.

I would have had to evaluate the other witness more. (I did not believe Allred's at all because Allred has not credibility... as I said the very first day it was mentioned here on ET. )

26. You voted for a guy with 17 accusations of sexual harassment and assault.

27. Cut the bullshit,you would have voted for him.

28. But Hillary is the pedo didn't you hear, there is an NYPD report that jem won't link for us. He knows all the real sources unlike the MSM! MSM are the fake ones, he got the real truth bombs!

29. even snopes that big lefty rag of lies... is telling you loons this... and in this article they don't seem to mention the 700 grand Brock and bloom raised to pay accusers...

https://www.snopes.com/2018/01/02/lawyer-paid-women-to-accuse-trump/

On 15 December 2017, The Hill, a web site devoted to Capitol Hill news and commentary, posted an article reporting that prominent Los Angeles-based women’s rights attorney Lisa Bloom had offered money to women who were considering going public with accusations against President Donald Trump regarding sexual harassment and assault:

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.

That story was aggregated and reported widely across a range of conservative web sites and news outlets, from the influential Fox News cable channel to clickbait sites such as ConservativeFiringLine.com. For roughly two weeks, however, legacy news organizations steered clear of of the story — until 31 December 2017, when the New York Timesreported that partisans from both sides of the political spectrum were offering money in exchange for career-ending accusations of sexual misconduct against their rivals. At the time, women (and some men) were engaged in the #MeToo movement and were outing powerful men such as Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and NBC News anchor Matt Lauer as predators. Multiple legislators were pressured by allegations of sexual misconduct to resign or retire, including two prominent Democrats, Rep. John Conyers and Sen. Al Franken.

Neither Bloom nor her client Jill Harth (the only Trump accuser named in the story) denied that money was paid. Both sent statements to TheHill.com confirming that Bloom set up a GoFundMe for Harth and facilitated a donation that paid off the mortgage on Harth’s apartment in Queens. They also accused The Hill of launching a partisan attack against them on behalf of President Trump.

Apparently nonplussed by the dramatic back-and-forth and deeply politicized nature of the story, readers wrote to us asking whether the allegations were true, as exemplified by this e-mail we received on 18 December 2017:

Supposedly Lisa Bloom, daughter of attorney Gloria Allred, has been trying to pay women to make false claims of sexual assaults against President Trump. Any truth to this?

The claim was true (and Bloom is indeed famed women’s rights lawyer Gloria Allred’s daughter), but Vince Gonzales, journalism professor at the University of Southern California (USC), told us the story caused confusion because readers were unsure what to believe in light of the revelation:

more at link...

30. you are wrong... again.

31. And? Broaderick was paid by Breitbart to accuse Clintons during the Presidential campaign, does that make her story false and fake in your book?

A simple yes or no answer please.

32. Now even Trump's words arent proof?

33. I would have to learn more about it.

34. Not sure what’s funnier - this drama between a boss and his former employee....or the fact that the new hero of the Leftists is Steve Bannon.

35. Saying a bunch of Words isn’t proof of actions...correct.
    Are you a lawyer?
    Perhaps, the worst lawyer in America?

36. not much to go on there...
    I am interested in the made a statement and then contradicted herself claim.

but tell you what... why don't you lay out your case exactly... with your evidence that she is not credible.

37. Hahahhaha, now words aren't proof! That's called a confession in the justice system. So what do you want exactly? Video footage of Trump actually raping woman to convince you? If that's your standard, then show me using what standard do you guys use to call Clinton's pedophiles and rapists.

38. Kenn Starr, the Republican Special Prosecutor who interviewed Broaderick and gave her immunity didn't find her credible, I don't have to provide any more proof.

if a Democratic Special Prosecutor doesn't find Trump to be a pedo and a rapist, I would stop calling him the same.

39. The problem with Jem is at times you have very thoughtful and clear and concise arguments then 2 minutes later you're pushing some crazy shit about the Obamas, Iran, murders, deep state conspiracies. then 2 minutes later you say that you would enjoy having a beer with Obama then 2 minutes later you're defending Roy Moore.

40. Supporters of Clinton have questioned her account by noting that, when Broaddrick testified about her alleged encounter with Clinton under oath, she denied having been raped by him. In her NBC interview alleging rape, Broaddrick stated that she had only denied being raped under oath to protect her privacy. Supporters of Clinton have also noted that she continued to support him, and appear at public events on his behalf, weeks after the alleged rape, and that Broaddrick stated that she couldn't remember the day or month the alleged incident occurred.[7]

41. But the biggest hole in her story is how she claimed that Clinton gave her a black lip but then it was found that she claimed her husband gave her the black lip during her divorce proceedings. And her husband and others testified that no injury was seen on her after Clinton allegedly raped her. This is why Starr didn't find this woman credible.

42. Steve Bannon is to Trump what Dlck Morris was to Clinton

43. A special counsel,more biased than Mueller will ever be,investigated Clinton's sex life and the best he could come up with is lying about a consensual blow job.I wish Mueller would investigate trumps sex life

44. Yes. When a man says ‘Grab em by the Pussy’ that means...what exactly? He raped a woman? He grabbed someone by the pussy?

If I say ‘punch exGroper in the face’ - did I just commit assault?

Uhhhhh no.
    Sorry try again.

45. That means he committed sexual assault.

Trump didn't say 'punch LardAssOut in the face' - he said 'I PUNCHED LardAssOut in the face'.

Notice the subtle difference?

46. He said ‘grab them by the pussy’.
    Not ‘I grabbed her by the pussy’.
    Note the subtle difference?

47. That's not the ONLY thing he said, you may want to watch the whole video.

48. I watched it.

Read the transcript if you have a hard time putting the moving pictures together.
    Or just keep making up bullshit.

My guess is more of the latter is coming.

49. "I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it"

I did try and f--- her. She was married,

I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait

Is he describing an action or just fantasizing?

Was this a fantasy too? - Kristin Anderson said that Mr. Trump reached under her skirt and “touched her vagina through her underwear” while they were at a New York nightclub in the 1990s. That makes the “grab ’em by the pussy” routine real.

Ask ladies in your family, if some 'celebrity' did that to them, will they let him do it? Will they let him grab their private parts because he is a reality TV star and whether it would qualify as sexual assault. Conservative family values, my ass.

50. Lol.
    Have you ever kissed a man or a woman?
    Do you ask for consent first or do you just go for it?
    Did you ever try to fuck a man or a woman, dude?
    Ever talk about it with your friends, or do you just post politics on a message board?

What are you tripping about, bitchtits?

What is the status of this accusation? It’s been more than a year...haven’t heard much else since then...

Obviously Neither of us were there to see it...But why would someone falsely accuse someone of something? I mean that never happens.

See Lisa Bloom

51. So you randomly start kissing married woman and grab their genitals?

Please ask your mother/wife/sister/daughter whether they let random old men kiss and fondle their genitals WITHOUT consent and whether they let the person do it because they are stars. Whether they are ok if some old fart just 'goes for it'.

I just want to know how conservative moral values work because without an ethical baseline, what is there to debate about. You guys had no problems when Trump made lewd remarks about 10 year olds, so I want to see what your standards are.

What is there to see about Lisa Bloom? Did she make up any claims? Compensating woman for their expense is a problem since when?

52. "I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait"

So you'd be ok with Trump kissing your wife/mother/daughter without waiting for their approval?

53. Holy Christ you Lefties are are sensitive as a group of Sunday Church ladies! It’s really funny...and sad...because you are so beta.

But your false assumptions and accusations are really the crime here. You have no idea what happened...

Lewd remarks about 10 year olds. Hahaha. Don’t make me laugh. Those comments are just stupid jokes. There nothing illegal or immoral about it. Unless of course you are a sensitive snowflake who takes everything literally.

As for Lisa Bloom yes it is a conflict of interest to pay people for their testimony....
    Would you email Trump 18 years after he allegedly raped you to ask him if you could do his make up? Like Lisa Harth? Hmmm...

if Trump kissed your mother hello I’m sure you would be screaming Rape, too.

54. What kind of kiss are we talking about here?
    Please extrapolate from the current text.

55. As I said, let's clear our false assumptions.

Ask female members of your family or your wife (if you have one) whether they let random 60 year old men kiss and fondle their genitals without seeking any sort of content and whether they let these old pervs do anything they want.

So walking into teenagers' changing rooms to see them naked and then bragging about it was a joke? Can you explain the punchline about seeing underage girls naked?

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-walks-in-miss-teen-usa-contestants-changing/

Nice try, the woman Harth accused Trump in the 90s, nowhere was she paid for a testimony in 2016. Don't lie about easy things

Except that's not what happened, she didn't ask him to do his makeup, you read more fake news on your Con site. And she didn't say he raped her either, he made advances which he admitted to on tape.

Depends, how many TicTacs did he chew. Do you chew TicTacs before kissing hello? Why would you need to eat TicTacs to do that?

As I have asked earlier, just confirm with your wife whether she lets 60 year old mean kiss her on the mouth and fond her genitals. Also ask her whether it's OK for you to fuck your friend's wives or is it ok for your wife to be fucked by one of your friends because that's another thing Trump was bragging about. Let's settle the ethical baseline first.

56. As Trump stated, "kissing".Kissing is when you kiss and keep going,not a peck on the cheek.

57. First let me ask you this...
    Have you ever spoken to a friend about a recent conquest? Or about someone you desperately wanted to bang?
    Let’s see how honest you are.

58. Oh oh.
    Not interested in getting into a semantic debate with you since you are clearly the Chair of your Algonquin Roundtable...

But as I entered the party, and I was kissing all the ladies hello, I wonder if you think I was stuffing my tongues down their throats or just offering a peck on the cheek?

kissing×
    kiss
    kis/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: kissing
    1. touch with the lips as a sign of love, sexual desire, reverence, or greeting.
      "he kissed her on the lips"
      synonyms: give a kiss to, brush one's lips against, blow a kiss to; More
      informalpeck, smooch, canoodle, neck, buss, make out, lock lips;

59. Yes

But did I boast about having sex with his friends’ wives, devised calculated infidelity plots ?

Did I walk into underage girls changing?

Did dozens of woman and children accuse me of harassment, assault, rape and crude remarks?

Did my own wife go to court accusing me of rape?

Did I brag about trying to fuck another man's wife while my own wife was pregnant?

Did I go upto woman and make crude remarks?

Did I make crude remarks about my own daughter and how I would like to date her and how good her breasts are?

Did I target woman 30 years younger than me?

No

61. Well how dare you ExGroper.
    How dare you!

62. Why is it irrelevant though? You claim that a 60 year old man which is what Trump was at the time could walk upto a 30 year old woman and start kissing her and that would be OK with the woman. I don't know any woman who will find that appropriate unless she is a whore. If you know non-whores who are ok with that, let me know, ask your family members how would they take such an advance from an old creep.

63. Funny how you guys call others liars and gropers while bending off backwards to defend a senile real estate trust fund baby who'd burn you like winter kindling.

64. Same situations right?

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait"-
    Sexual predator Dotard Trump

65. You guys are so funny. You're reduced to talking about pussy accusations no one cares about because there is NOTHING in the Russia story that directly implicates Trump.

66. that won't stop them from speculating..or making shit up..
    they are no different than the 'Birthers'..

67. 065B915F-4E17-4823-AD2C-B5DD98545EA2.jpeg

68. Cant be said until Muellers investigation is completed.

69. The birthers didn't have a special council investigation with 4 indictments,2 guilty pleas and 2 cooperating witnesses.

70. all victims deserve to be believed!
    i guess you believe Trump. He couldn’t possibly be lying or embellishing...Trump doesn’t do that...guys in general don’t do that.