Trump Announces 10% Tariffs on 300 Billion!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Stockolio, Aug 1, 2019.

2. More trade war statism... Can I vote we leave China to dilute itself into hyperinflation subsidizing exports and not join in ourselves.

3. 10 YR at 1.89! Powell cutting 50 bps in September guaranteed, which would represent almost a 25 % trim from the benchmark

4. Inflaitonary monetary policy is stealing

5. I have never seen a sitting president game the markets like this one.

Cuddles likes this.
  6. Oil down 6.20 %!!!! This is insane... It's a complete meltdown, it was down 2 something 40 mins ago

7. Volatility is wild as fuck... There's a battle between sellers and the whale

PPT is losing steam, I have never seen any selling outpower the PPT

8. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Good lord...that ES

9. As a trader, wouldn't get your knickers in a twist (nor any spew about "trade"). Flip-Flop Donnie will be reversing on this in no time.

The entire "trade" issue has been a ruse to try to goose the stock market.

Bottom Line.... Trump ain't gettin' nothin! Trump has big expectations/hopes (?) and a reelection deadline. Xi has "all the time in the world" and isn't planning on giving up anything of significant value... figuring he can "wait Trump out".

Cuddles, zdreg and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  10. Yen is collapsing! Japanese are fleeing the US Markets hand over fist... 107.60, just off one tweet... As a trader I live for this, but this is insane... SEC needs to regulate the one way direction of Algo's and MM's

#10     Aug 1, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.