Trump admits Trump Foundation was a money laundering front

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Nov 7, 2019.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Donald Trump must personally pay $2 million in fines because he illegally used his charity to benefit his 2016 candidacy. A state judge in New York delivered the judgment on Thursday afternoon. The judicially-assessed penalty must be paid to a number of nonprofit organizations in the Empire State.

A press release from New York Attorney General Letitia James notes the general contours of the settlement:

[James] announced that her office entered into multiple stipulations with the Trump Foundation and its directors to resolve the remaining claims in the lawsuit. Chiefly, Mr. Trump admits to personally misusing funds at the Trump Foundation, and agrees to restrictions on future charitable service and ongoing reporting to the Office of the Attorney General in the event he creates a new charity. The settlements also include mandatory training requirements for Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump.

The judge’s order ends multiple pending actions in the case that was originally filed in June 2018–and also puts to bed a prior statement of defiance made by the 45th president.

“The sleazy New York Democrats, and their now disgraced (and run out of town) A.G. Eric Schneiderman, are doing everything they can to sue me on a foundation that took in $18,800,000 and gave out to charity more money than it took in, $19,200,000,” Trump tweeted on the day charges were filed by then-New York attorney general Barbara Underwood. “I won’t settle this case!”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...mp-foundation-that-he-said-he-wouldnt-settle/

2. Happens all the time. Saudi Arabia and Boeing gave kickbacks to the Clinton Foundation after Obama approved the $60 billion Saudi arms deal in 2010. Are you outraged?

3. exGOPer

exGOPer

No, because you are making shit up, where is the evidence of this happening? Hilarious to see even Obama part of the hypothetical whataboutism.

4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Where can I read up on that conviction and settlement?

Bugenhagen likes this.
  5. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Frederick Foresight and exGOPer like this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Care to provide evidence???

7. UsualName

UsualName

My favorite part is that Trump’s kids will have to go to a training. That’s humiliating for people so involved in right wing politics.

8. UsualName

UsualName

Of course Trump is a crook, btw.

9. piezoe

piezoe

"Bing Boing Boing Bing Bing Boing" -- Donald J. Trump.

elitenapper and Bugenhagen like this.
  10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

upload_2019-11-7_15-45-12.png

vs:

upload_2019-11-7_15-45-48.png

#10     Nov 7, 2019