"transmit all" pull-down menu option in IB TWS platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by NoVoodooHere, Nov 2, 2015.

1. I use IB's TWS for order entry and the above described menu option is one of the scariest things I have ever seen... Has the potential to ruin you due to (2) haphazardly placed clicks:eek:. There is a pop-up confirmation dialogue, as I found out to day (finally accidentally hit this today instead of "pause execution" right next to it & w/ the very quick on-off freeze/pause nature of the platform it's easy to do)... But really, why have this option, it is nuts, might as well have "random WTF" :confused:or "Russian Roulette" :eek:button.

...I'm gonna be super-lazy here and ask if anybody here knows how to disable this feature / remove it :rolleyes:

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

When I was a floor trader, I use RediPlus to execute away orders and stock. One day I right clicked on the portfolio, and it gave the options of "cover 25%, cover 50%, cover 75% and cover 100%. That scared the crap out of me as this function had no confirmation. And, it would enter market orders. I asked to disable it but there was no option for that at the time.

Bob

NoVoodooHere likes this.
  3. Some things just don't make much sense

4. Sig

Sig

I agree with the OP, that option terrified me when I was using IB regularly. Never figured out how to disable it.

5. donnap

donnap

Agree. And it's right next to discard which I use frequently.

6. If it does indeed "transmit all", that's a commissions/liquidation bonanza...Seems reckless to have that thing on there though...