TransAct vs. PFG

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by belmondo, Feb 1, 2007.

1. belmondo

belmondo

Does anyone have experience with especially PFG? I'm about open an account with TA but PFG offered their best pro and trade maven from which I can place orders directly from charting software. looks nice but I'm looking at first for data reliability and than other things.

2. Biz

Biz

Hello,

I noticed your post and recommend that you look into the Zen-Fire data feed, coupled with NinjaTrader software.

3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Transact + Sierra Chart is the best combination

The recent new features on their Dom are impressive

Excellent tool for scalpers

4. virgin

virgin

Lorenzo,

Is Sierracharts fed by the transact quotes ?

Any lag between the TA quotes and
    the chart ?

What's the cost for Sierracharts ?

5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Is Sierracharts fed by the transact quotes ? YES

Any lag between the TA quotes and
    the chart ?

Sometimes, but it does not affect your trading
    The chart update Interval in milliseconds is 150 (very fast)

If you use Xtrader with eSignal you will have more problems

What's the cost for Sierracharts ?

Level 4 - 24 USD/Month no other fees

Lorenzo

6. belmondo

belmondo

Lorenzo,
    thank you. I know that TA + Sierra is great and not expensive, but I have received an offer from PFG. Very competitive. They offered me 0,35 cents less on commission. And for $49,95 their Best Direct Pro Trader which looks pretty cool. I love sierra but Pro Trader is better imho. And offers trading off the chart and manage multi position visually. I can have a Ninja for $50 + additionally $0,5 on RT.
    I'm worried about reliability and data feed. TransAct is rock solid but what PFG? If the quality is the same so they have much better offer.

7. virgin

virgin

Belmondo,

Have a look at the PFG ratings on this
    site

Is BestdirectProtrader Trademaven ?

Lorenzo,

Does TA has a static dome ?

8. belmondo

belmondo

Virgin,

I had a look, but it is only 4 votes and it is a year old. They can prove their services. I have send question to PFG regarding trade maven and BestDirect Pro Trader. So far no response.
    I would not consider PFG at all but as I said, commission is $4.5 RT all in and $49,95 platform. TA through ProActive is $4,75 and similar to Best Direct is Ninja which is +$50 for TT connection and +$0.5RT so $5,25 RT. but still the quality of feed from TA is probably worth it.

:confused: