Transact go down?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by r-in, Dec 13, 2005.

1. r-in

r-in

Anyone else have Transact feed go out a couple times after the Fed announcement?

2. Becoming a problem every time the market picks up now it drops. I dropped 3 times. Does not give you much confidence to want to trade at volatile times. Esignal f--ed up too. Which one is worse right now I can't even tell.

3. esignal is fine and Transact out of whack. According to my platform (use TM), I'm flat with a profit - but Transact can't even confirm this - apparently they're having a hell of time - and u can even still log-in and apparently trade with their delayed feeds. Doesn't look good.

4. r-in

r-in

Are you talking to Transact directly or through an IB that is using them? Just curious as that makes me nervous.

5. Truff

Truff

I use TM through Transact. I had about 2 minutes of problems today, aside from that its been fine. No problem with positions

6. dealing direct with Transact - it was mostly the fact that they couldn't even reassure me that I was flat - their tradedesk was at least upfront about it. Apprently everything worked out with a small profit for me amid the hasty flattening I had to resolve to just as the mkt. was beginning to break out (I entered on long side 40 secs. before FOMC announcement).
    What was scary too, was that the feed for the es kept freezing and coming back on - but when it was back on it kept running delayed quotes for a long period, where one apparently could enter orders (I refrained from trying though).

It should be said, that I otherwise am very satisfied with Transact (using Trademaven as front-end) - but there has been some glitches the last 2 weeks or so. Hope they get it sorted out: As well as their co-operation with TMG will continue to be as smooth running and effective as it has been so far.

7. i've been with transact for 6 months qand am leaving the,\. the last few weeks my feeds been up and down a ton. it just freezes. there link with trade maven is suspect at best. signals futures feed was wrong as we skied but interactive brokers was flawless. too many problems with trasact that could cost you huge

8. i hate to repeat myself; but x-trader pro is god.

9. Truff

Truff

This is why so many people use X trader. We are all afraid of the cost but in the end it might turn out to be cheaper.

10. Ditto. I used it for a month and half, I must say it made me miserable in the past two weeks. I used to trade YM and now trade ER2 with the same #s of contracts to scalp. Horrible thing happens when the connections broke down for no reason and the stop orders won't send to the exchange. Expensive lessons:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58513&perpage=6&pagenumber=68

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58513&perpage=6&pagenumber=93

#10     Dec 15, 2005