Tradingview question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GotherL, Aug 7, 2018.

1. GotherL

GotherL

I use tradingview charts. It is browser base so I cannot have it on the same screen as my platform so I try to improvise by minimizing the window and scaling it to fit on my platform. The problem is whenever I click on anything on my platform the window disappears so I've to click on it for to pop up again. Is there a workaround like setting, firefox addon or different browser where I can just pin the tradingview window onto my platform so it doesn't disappear whenever I click something in my platform? I cannot afford more then 1 monitor right now.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. _eug_

_eug_

I like tradingview as well but its even better to use investing.com. Its the exact same layout and features but you get live futures quotes instead of delayed like on tradingview itself.

3. GotherL

GotherL

I don't even trade futures. And I am pretty sure investing.com is an info site not a chart software but since I am not sure I'll give you the benefit of the doubt by checking it out.

4. _eug_

_eug_

Investing.com uses the exact same charting as tradingview but offers live quotes on futures instead of delayed ones like on tradingview. I guess if you dont follow futures it makes no difference.

5. GotherL

GotherL

You are right they're powered by tradingview but I highly doubt it is realtime quotes for free aleast.

6. _eug_

_eug_

I compare it to my Interactive brokers paid feed and its as close as you can get. I was actually surprised that its free as well. Sometimes the bars maybe off by 1 tick but if you are just on your phone and need a quote its pretty good.

comagnum likes this.
  7. GotherL

GotherL

I understand what it is. It is exactly like tradingview free version. No way they'll offer a pro version on a free website. That is basically screwing their own product. The free version uses bats which display a lot of flat doji bars instead of the full action bar on low volume stocks. If that isn't it than it's delayed quotes on stocks.

8. traxino

traxino

why not use a real chartsystem like TS9.5 or Multicharts and data from IB?!

9. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

You can hook up CQG to Tradingview to see real-time quotes

10. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

The only workaround I know of is to resize your platform window to take up half of your screen and resize your internet browser window to take up the other half. That way the tradingview chart won't disappear whenever you click something in your platform.

You could probably find a used monitor on craigslist or at a pawn shop for $20-30.

#10     Aug 8, 2018
    GotherL likes this.