Home > General Topics > Trading > Trading while undergoing chemotherapy

Trading while undergoing chemotherapy

1. Don’t do it.

2. Agree 100 percent. 2 cycles left. Not trading at all. Just putzing around ET this afternoon :D:rolleyes:

3. Sorry you guys are dealing with this.

4. That’s where systematic is vastly better than discretionary...

5. Thanks man. Appreciate it.

6. Thanks. It sucks but could be worse.

7. Yes. Something straightforward, low frequency and ideally automated. I mean from a quality of life perspective and logistically. Realistically a recurrence is always possible so this is my preferred method going forward.

8. Maybe this is a little corny but it is important to remember that we're still here and that counts for a lot.

9. Not corny at all. Gratitude is the secret to a life well lived.

10. Try some apricot seeds. Organic and more bitter the better. These have elements that overpower or keep at bay, the spread of cancer.

Do internet research and even talk to your doctor. Upto 20 seeds a day for ill should be fine. Upto 5 seeds for those not ill are good to keep cancer from taking place.

11. Thanks man. I'm doing high dose curcumin, aspirin, fish oil, ginger, probiotics, metformin and garlic. I stop most of the supplements during and after chemo to avoid interfering with the drug and once the drug is out of my system, I restart.

12. I'm curious, when were you diagnosed ?

I don't know what type of cancer you have but has it impacted you mentally (physically or psychologically) ?

Was it your doctors that recommended that you just rest from trading or others in the medical profession or just your personal choice ?

I wish you the best.

wrbtrader

13. Try this too and keep us updated.

14. Thank you for your well wishes. I was diagnosed 6 months ago. I'm in grad school right now and trade my own account so thankfully finances and work aren't an issue. Ceasing trading seemed prudent. It was a surprise to me because of my relatively young age.

The most likely reason for my diagnosis was untreated low testosterone coupled with a genetic disorder which predisposes me to many cancers. If anybody in your family has had colon cancer or stomach cancer, I highly recommend getting screened for Lynch syndrome. The risks can be mitigated through lifestyle changes and early screening.

There is a phenomenon known as "chemo fog" which affects cognition. I do notice a decline in my mental faculties at times but it's not crippling. I'm still able to perform in grad school and pick up some python on the side.

15. Thank you for answering my questions. I know to some they may seem personal.

Yes, that's the phrase I was trying to remember...chemo fog. A close friend of mine mention such when she was going thru chemotherapy several years ago. I remember her behavior (mania and psychosis) and she blamed it on chemo fog but I couldn't remember it until you've mentioned it.

wrbtrader

16. Mania and psychosis would be challenging to deal with. I don't mind personal questions. It's better to share the info and increase awareness especially in non traditional venues.

17. You still have to saddle up the mule to ride.

18. May you experience a powerful healing and speedy recovery.
    An potent ally in your supplementalcopia is activated charcoal for detoxing and St.John's Wort for your liver. The medicinal use of cannabis, especially when juiced raw is worthy of research.

19. I'll look into it! Thanks bro.

20. You’re correct, but when you’re sick priorities change.
    Money doesn’t matter anymore.

When you’re in hospice and you’re going to die, there isn’t a single person deciding between systematic and discretionary trading.

21. Don`t do it!Don`t even think about drugs or alcohol at this time.

22. As long as one doesn't consume it with fat or oil, juicing/eating raw cannabis is non-psychoactive.

Alcohol for sure, prolly one of the most physiological destructive habits one can engage in.

More lives have been destroyed with alcohol than all other drugs combined.

23. Oddly enough, I did not experience that - it was pretty much business as usual. People working for me said that I was a little more irritable (I know they are full of shit, cause I was A LOT more irritable) and I vividly recall vomiting during an important meeting with the head of trading ("Hmm, I will take it that you are not that happy with the numbers" was his comment). Otherwise I did not change my routine that much.

24. I understand your perspective and this is where good staging comes in. Stage 4 is drastically different than Stage 3 as you already know. At stage 4, I'll hazard a guess that many patients will reorient their life.

Thankfully the tumor board did their job and I'm doing clean up chemo so I decided to maintain my normal life as much as possible with a view towards possible recurrence and breaks in employment.

Sadly for many cancer patients, money does become a priority. I'm not pro or anti obama care. Obviously I'm a beneficiary of Obama care today as are many cancer patients but I hated the higher premiums pre diagnosis. The bills are enormous as health care is outrageously expensive in the U.S. My bill is $100,000 for the first year. This excludes 5 years of follow up care. Just my perspective.

25. The chemo drugs are obscenely expensive, I’m glad you are here.

You can always declare bankruptcy if you don’t want to pay, it’s just a little hiccup on the road to recovery.

26. The numbers did make you sick *wink wink*

I suppose it’s just how far the disease progressed, It’s worse when you don’t know if you have a job when you come back.

You are healthy now, right?
    If not, get your ass off ET and go get better.

27. Sadly, it is important to keep bankruptcy as an option. Thankfully, my insurance has covered almost everything.

But this is what is worrisome...what if insurance no longer covers pre-existing conditions? Food for thought I suppose.

My contingency plan is go to the U.K. if that happens. I have enough cash on hand to pay out of pocket for treatment overseas, for several treatments.

This is how many cancer patients die broke. I read about a gentleman in Australia who spent 1 million on his care before passing on.

28. Dual or tri citizenship is the answer.
    You’ve got to have the resources to travel obviously, but it can keep you from owing a million dollars.

Hey, that million dollars owed means nothing when you’re dead!

29. I'll look into E.U. citizenship. I think if I purchase land in a PIGS country, I automatically qualify for citizenship.

U.K. citizenship is nice but difficult to acquire. Not sure if I want to get treated in a NHS hospital anyway ;)

30. I am sorry that you are going through this Gambit.
    I pray to the universal God to bring you peace, comfort and courage to face the days ahead. And please do not forget to use the power of meditation to help you keep your spirit up.
    Wish you the best.:thumbsup:

31. Thanks Stocktracker. Happy Holidays!

32. If you've got the time and you're in a good mood, why not? Something good might come of it.

33. I wouldn't advise NHS. The private treatment for cancer here in the UK is world class. But v expensive. You're probably best off being in the US.

Wishing u a speedy recovery.

34. Thank you mate (trying to learn U.K. lingo :) ). When I checked prices online, U.K. was significantly cheaper than U.S. private care. I mean by an order of magnitude. Are you saying that U.S. and U.K. prices are near parity?

35. I might be wrong then. I assumed UK private treatment costs were similar to US. Apologies.

36. No apologies needed at all. I appreciate your insight into U.K. care.

37. Besides, expensive to you is probably cheap to any U.S. citizen. You wouldn't believe how expensive care is in the U.S.!

I'll research prices again. Do you have any idea of private hospital care prices in the U.K.? Rough numbers are fine.

I'll throw out a number and we can compare. For surgery, one week stay in a hospital and 12 cycles of chemo along with total body scan, the cost was roughly $100,000 USD. The majority of that was covered by insurance.

Is that price similar to what you pay in the U.K.?

Thanks again for your insight.

38. I can call my private medical insurer and ask them if you like. But it will be some point next week though.

39. No worries at all. Thank you for doing that. I'm almost done with treatment now but it's always prudent to plan for every possible scenario.

40. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/how-much-cancer-treatment-would-10585381

This article states that 8 rounds of chemo costs roughly 2000 pound sterling which is about 2700 USD using this morning's exchange rate. Pardon my vulgar language but I would give my left nut to pay 2700 dollars for 8 rounds of chemo out of pocket. Non NHS prices obviously.

I'm going to seriously investigate this myself. Even with additional living expenses, I would save a tremendous amount if I had to pay out of pocket for care.

41. So let's say, 35K USD for treatment on the high end, add in $25K for surgery. Living expenses in U.K. outside of London, 2k a month for 6 mo. It may work...It may.
    Thank you for the link. For some reason, that other article was quoting vastly lower prices.

42. If I could purchase local U.K. insurance and not get denied coverage due to a pre-existing condition, it just may work. Just thinking aloud here.

43. I think the lower prices are self pay NHS prices....whereas the 25k is perhaps the top end central London Harley street area prices. Probably a whole spectrum of prices depending on location etc.

You might consider a private room or wing within an NHS hospital...the NHS service might not be as bad as I make it out to be. Have a look at some Macmillan cancer forums

44. I would be surprised if you could! Everyone would do this if possible!

45. I know :). Wishful thinking on my part. But the wait time may be different than in the U.S. I researched Singapore Health and Canadian Insurance. Both had a 10 year wait time before the pre-existing condition was covered.

46. Two years ago, to the exact DAY, I dropped my wife off for chemotherapy, and I went to buy the best mattress I could find for her to die on. (The guy at the mattress store must have seen me coming, I'm such a mark. I hate this f***ing mattress and I paid half a fortune for it!).

Anyhow, a major cancer institution (in Baltimore) told me that her stage 4 lung cancer was moving along so quickly that I needed to begin. looking into hospice right away.

We got a novel test done that showed what chemo drugs her cancer would respond to and which ones it wouldnt. Anyhow, the one it would respond to was not approved for lung cancer, but swas an insanely expensive drug used for second-line treatment of colo-rectal. Of course, yours truly had to write the check or no drug was going to be administered. So, I don't know about trading while undergoing chemo, but I do know about trading to have to pay for it!.

Anyhow, she;s cancer free, and here is the story they did of her and the test:

and

I even have a cameo appearance! Good luck, get through that, dont listen to any negative shit from anyone.

47. Thank you rvince. This is definitely inspiring and I'm glad your wife has made a full recovery. I'll watch this and take notes later in the evening. From a quick watch, I have a few points I'd like to make.

1) Gene testing is crucial and I did have it done at the Clinic.
    2) Luckily (or unluckily), I have a certain gene mutation which makes the my cancer susceptible to standard treatment, ie FOLFOX. Oxaliplatin kills my kind of cancer cells without trouble.
    3) There is a new treatment available for stage 4 colorectal patients called Keytruda. I stopped researching it after I was ruled a stage 3 but IIRC, it might be similar to your wife's treatment. As of today, it is covered by my insurance. Thank god. But I also know that the price of Keytruda is 50 percent cheaper in Europe.
    Good thing to know considering how uncertain the future of coverage is in America.

48. God bless you both.

49. Happy holidays man. Stay up.

50. Gambit, sorry to hear this. Don't know if you know this, but there is a theory and research that cancer cell feed on sugar as it primary source of fuel. The cure being to cut off sugar entirely from your diet and starve off the cancer from it food supply. Essentially killing it. I don't know if it really works or not. But you could take a look. Good Luck.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/health/sugar-cancer-relationship-study/index.html

51. Thanks man. On the keto diet already! :)

52. Keytruda, where it can be used, is pretty amazing stuff and her oncologist told us he is considering putting her on it if her cancer returns in the next couple of years. I understand it;s in the $100k ballpark.

If you have results from genetic testing that can lead to treatment, that's great. The test my wife had done looked at proteins on the tumor cells which determine whether a certain drug will be attracted to the tumor cells or not. Of the 22 approved drugs for her non-small cell adnocarcinoma, non would have worked given the protein makeup of the cells. Absent this proteinomic testing, they would have given her the usual treatement, it would have beaten her up and had no effect.

Having been a party to this, if I was diagnosed with any type of non-liquid cancer, I would get this testing done. The problem then, as in her case, was if the results suggest something outside of "the guidelines," you need to have a doctor willing to do that, who trust you won't sue.

Further, many early-stage cancers are treated by surgery, and I think, often, these can be deforming. It would seem to me that if, by such testing, you could know (as in your case) that the cancer WILL respond positively to a certain drug, it would seem that such early stage, surgically-treated cancers that deform the patiet may be better treated by chemo. But I am not a Dr., just an offhand thought.

53. Well...the surgery is done now and I lost a third of my colon. Thankfully I have no side effects from the surgery. I'll spare you the gory details about bowel function changes post op but I have no changes. I feel like I won the lottery with that one. Keytruda is exorbitantly priced but it seems to work on stage IV cancer quite well, especially those with a MSH2 mutation (have to double check the exact mutation).

I see where you're coming from with the protein testing and chemo but you know what? If I had a choice between surgery and chemo, I'd choose the surgery in most cases.

I'll research the testing you recommend but once gene testing was done, I think all evidence pointed to FOLFOX as the frontline treatment. It would have been nice to have more than two choices, FOLFOX or FOLFIRI. And FOLFIRI wasn't even offered by my oncologist. What chemo regimen did your wife use?

54. I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in. I didn't have colon cancer but I did have lymphoma -DLBC stage 2. I survived with chemo as it's one of the rare cancers that work well with chemo. I will offer a few of my observations around tolerating chemo. I do think staying on a strict keto diet will help your overall chances of avoiding a recurrence but I'm not an expert. I would also suggest exercising while on chemo. not after the infusions or during NADIR but just when you feel like you could pull it off as staying active is actually a very good thing. the most important things I could share is fasting. I would fast for a few days at a time before infusions and a day or so afterward and I tolerated the chemo very well. the last round I didn't fast and boy did I feel the difference. I felt like the chemo was 100 times stronger and felt like I would die. that was all 6 years ago and I'm alive and well now. I would also encourage you to go ahead and trade while on chemo just be sure to cover for periods when you might be down for the count. It's really good to have mental activities to distract you, otherwise you'll go insane at home thinking too much and playing google doctor. Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor; I'm just sharing information. Don't take anything here as medical advise without consulting your oncologist and GP.

55. Hey tachyon5. I'm pretty much doing everything you've said. My WBC and RBC counts never dipped below normal, thanks to TRT and maybe some supplements I'm taking. The fasting is tough but it does help. With the exception of Christmas dinner tomorrow, I will fast for the next two days before my next chemo cycle.

56. I think I'll continue with the fasting and vegetarian diet once I finish.

57. Sounds good. Glad to hear it. Although I gotta say I embraced healthy meats. Game meat, buffalo stew, beef bone stew etc. I also still fast regularly. But whatever you’re doing that’s working, keep doing that! Gotta go with what works for you. Good luck!

58. Congrats on the remission.

59. My friend, meat works for me :). It's just that I've read too much stuff about the link between meat and colon cancer. Even shellfish! Now I'm just whining LOL :D

60. As I read this thread, it completely humbles me. No matter what issues are on my mind with regards to trading, no matter what bitch argument I get into on here, you guys sharing your stories, experiences and suggestions leaves me speechless. I have the utmost respect for you for being such strong fighters when faced with something orders of magnitude greater than any trading related issue. I'm so impressed by your approach, research, decision making, and overall positive outlook when dealing with this.

61. Thanks Gotcha. I think all the guys and gals going through this appreciate your sentiments.

62. It makes me quite angry that while Trump and all the useless politicians that appear to care about you and me argue about how to trick the public into thinking their policies are good for us, the fact remains that for such a rich country, access to free healtcare isn't within reach. I wish there was a way to force every politician to experience what it feels like to be diagnosed with something deadly and not be able to do anything about it because of a lack of funds. How can these assholes appear to care and fight on behalf of citizens when they will never have to worry about not having the best healthcare? They will never have to live the outcomes of their decisions.

Sorry for the rant, but I guess its this discussion about costs that I found so... raw. Its one thing to fight a disease, but the fact that you have to think so strategically about the funding side, even to the point of moving, makes this fight twice as hard. Once again, you all have my utmost respect.

63. Where's the research on this ?

64. Laetrile has long been debunked as a cancer treatment.

65. @Visaria Unfortunately, you are correct.

Overview
    https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/laetrile-pdq

I appreciate all recommendations. Thankfully enough research has been done on complementary alternative medicine that it is easy to do due diligence. Bottom line, Laetrile does not work.

66. Thanks again Gotcha. I don't want to start a potentially volatile political discussion but I'll state my perspective. On one hand, we have middle class families struggling with premiums. On the other hand, we have patients going bankrupt due to medical costs. I've never struggled with premiums thankfully but I never found them to be cheap. So what is the solution? Something tactical rather than a broad idealogically motivated plan ( ie "Obamacare is socialism! Kill it with fire!") IMO.

What about incentivizing private cancer care centers? Allowing the import of exorbitantly priced drugs from overseas with no restrictions? Or even funding medical tourism for patients on the verge of bankruptcy?

You are correct in that costs are outrageous. Without insurance, the average American would not be able to afford care. Even one percenters would be dealt severe blows to their finances in the case of major illness.

67. Happy Festivus everyone!

68. Basically u need the govt to get out of the entire medical business. Total deregulation. That would cut costs via increased competition.

69. Possible solution. It should be explored.

70. The often expressed mantra of deregulation in healthcare has been explored since 1973.

We are living in the unintended consequences of that legislation since.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK217897/#!po=0.403226

It’s certainly a complex issue.

71. All i can say is that I only go off the research. The published research shows that eating apricot seeds does not do anything good and may be in fact be detrimental to your health.

However what an individual believes or does or does not do is their problem.

72. Go off the most reputable research. Trial and error can be costly in cancer care and even deadly.

Always remember the story of Steve Jobs. He died at 52 in part because he refused conventional care. Pancreatic cancer is often untreatable so we don't know what may have happened in case he did undergo chemotherapy. But the odds may have been in his favor.

73. Then your best bet is the immunothepary which kind of recreate the cells that are healthy and defeat the cancer via own fighting mechanism. Costs a hefty $100K to 300K easy.

Herbals can prolong the fight, although may not cure and good part with herbals is they can "mostly" go side by side to regular medication. Many a times in cancer, patient dies from the complications created by the treatment.

Common sense says a) do not let cancer spread b) re-enforce the immune system to put up a stronger fight.

Btw, there is another herbal alternative called TianXian from China. It can go side by side to regular medicine and is very good for the immune system power. Beware, like Gucci bags, there are lots of fake TianXians out there. Better do you research before buying.

AIDS started in mid 80s and by mid 90s medications were found which could prolong the life of patient by 15-20 years while living mostly normal.

However, cancer has been around for 50+ years and cure not found yet. It smells a little cabalist conspiracy where trillions are made each year from cancer treatment alone.

Link on immunotherapy costs.
    http://www.issels.com/blog/2015/07/...of-immunotherapy-mean-you-wont-get-treatment/

https://www.curetoday.com/publicati...considering-cost-whats-an-immunotherapy-worth

Then again you can seek immunotherapy in places like India, Brazil or China for 1/4th the cost including medicine.

Only problem is the clinics and hospitals are not FDA approved ;-)

74. @toc Thank you for the information. I'll look into it. Keytruda is the latest in immunotherapy for colon cancer patients but it is a last ditch effort aimed at treating stage IV cancer. You're correct in that's exorbitantly priced but it is half the cost in Europe. I'll keep it in mind for the future if it is necessary.
    If I could find a JHACO certified hospital in a BRIC country, I would consider it. The cost reduction is significant.
    I'm really thankful that TRT and some other herbals have kept the worst of the side effects at bay. I never had to sit out a cycle of treatment due to low red cell or white cell counts. TRT in my mind is an excellent adjunct to FOLFOX, for male patients of course.
    Happy Holidays toc!

75. Was just looking up and Keytruda in India costs $2900 for 100mg. Infact, here is a link to those who can hook you up with specialists in medicine http://www.vaidam.com/cost. Check out other BRIC nations too. China has become a no-nonsense in medical field also.

76. Long time ago I stumbled onto this at the right moment:
    [​IMG]

77. Gambit you seem to have researched out alternative treatments and even use some. So I have a couple of questions.

1) have you ever heard of this treatment and if so is there anything to it? I was on a flight and was given this treatment by a lady that sat next to me on the flight. Her husband is some kind of naturalist doctor. She speaks highly of this treatment. She also gave me a remedy for nail fungus. I tried the nail fungus and it absolutely does indeed work, at least for me. But I am wondering about the cancer treatment. It seems so simplistic. Here is a link to it. Have you ever researched it out and if so what were your conclusions about it? Apparently some priest discovered it (publized it) and has written a book about it. Below are two links.

https://www.cancertutor.com/aloearborescens/

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_11?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=romano+zago+cancer&sprefix=Romano+zago,aps,6660&crid=3LDDAKFDILFGQ

2) I see you take curricumin. Do you take tumeric powder or 95% standardized pills? I also hear it can be given intravenousley in some clinic.

Thanks for any info you can offer on the two things above.

78. Strongly agree with the gentleman........you got to research and try lots of alternatives on the side to regular treatment.

Also have heard of the fruit pectin use, look that up. Vit-C overflooding the system makes lots of sense as it strengthens the immune system.

Also, while no medical expert, when going overseas like to BRICs for treatment, focus more on the doctors and their experience etc. rather than as to how many stars their infrastructure got for like patient lounges and room service etc. Be Well !!

79. I take standardized pills. Curcumin absorption is low as it is and the powder isn't as powerful as the extract. It can be given intravenously but I opted not to do it. It is not FDA regulated and I had no way of verifying its safety. Compounded drugs are not under the same scrutiny as drugs made at a plant where GMP must be maintained. Cost is another issue. As for efficacy, honestly curcuminoids are well studied for their effects on cancer. They may be a frontline drug or adjunct therapy in the future.

I have no information on aloe arborescens. It didn't come up in any of the CAM databases that I recall.

80. There seem to be many different curcumin tablets. Can you recommend one?
    Thanks

81. I take two different kinds. The active ingredient is more important than the brand. Curcumin with bioperine and curcumin phytosome. These are the active ingredients sold by wholesalers to neutraceutical companies who then sell it to consumers. Amazon has reviews on different brands so you can pick what you like.

82. Gambit, here's a video from youtube you might like: "Beating Cancer With Food" by Dr. John Whitcomb

83. Thanks Steve.

84. There is a lot of information in this thread and several well wishes that all of those diagnosed certainly appreciate. I want to just "archive" and compile some of the alternative therapies listed. I will try to list them in order of efficacy and evidence.

Before any CAM approaches, the best intervention is:
    Early screening!
    The second one is anemia. I heard from a family friend who is an oncologist that if we just tried to assess the root cause of anemia, especially in men, we would save so many lives. This is how my cancer was found. Men in the U.S. get plenty of dietary iron. So what is the most likely cause of anemia if not dietary? A bleed due to ulcer, crohns, ulcerative colitis, and of course some kind of cancer in the digestive system.
    The third, addressing any hormone imbalances and insulin resistance early.
    The fourth, maintaining a healthy weight.

CAM:
    1) Aspirin
    2) Avoiding red meat
    3) Metformin
    4) Curcumin
    5) Drinking 4 cups of coffee daily
    6) Ginger
    7) Vegan diet or vegetarian diet
    8) Keto diet
    9) Fish oil
    10) avoiding processed food.

There are others. Out of all the CAM (complementary alternative medicine), aspirin therapy seems to have the most efficacy. My doc at the lynch center stated that even one baby aspirin daily can improve outcomes.

85. Take care everyone and happy holidays.

86. I think the author is onto something...

87. I focused on lower carb veggies such as spinach since I have to watch my blood sugar. For somebody not on the keto diet, carrots are ideal (and carrot juice is delicious). Vegetable juice fits my diet as well but obviously eating whole veggies is better for blood sugar control.

88. I looked at the site and I have one criticism. Chemo is not nearly as harsh as the author makes it out to be. Fasting helps mitigate side effects and Neupogen and Epogen are adjuncts which raise WBC and RBC counts. Testosterone works to improve energy and RBC counts as well. Don't skip chemo if it is recommended. Just my 0.002. Check with your doctor. Doctor's opinion is primary, naturopath/holistic health practitioner's opinion is secondary.

89. I don't want to seem like I'm shoving my approach down anybody's throat. At the end of the day, the patient has to do what they feel is best. Every patient has agency and a commensurate amount of responsibility.

90. amen. Chemo is no picnic, but it's not hell, either. For older individuals or those who are in poor condition to begin with, it's probably more arduous.

91. Agreed tortoise. It is manageable.

92. MegaFood Turmeric Strength

93. I totally agree....and of course, a guy like Jobs, with his success...."knew everything".
    That was his undoing.
    I listen to my doctors...and then confirm their recommendations.
    Jobs just blew them off.

94. The case of Jobs is tragic even if he had a reputation of being "difficult". My doctors bought me at a minimum 5 years, and if the studies are correct at least 20 to 25 years. I'm incredibly thankful. That isn't to say mistakes don't happen. I was misdiagnosed for close to two years and I paid cash to some highly reputable doctors in Florida. If one sharp doc didn't catch my low hemoglobin and insist on a colonoscopy, I would have been gone in 3 years. I'm incredibly grateful for a second chance at life.

95. Trust and verify. And check the reviews on docs (not on the hospital website :) ). They do matter.

96. Indeed I will...given 2 to 4 years to live.

97. Sorry about your illness. Best wishes.

98. Cancer has been around for at least thousands of years.

The Ancient Roman historian Tacitus described in the 1st Century AD what's now universally recognised as acute leukemia ("it was discovered after they died that all their blood had turned almost white"), and there are also earlier descriptions than that, from other societies/cultures, which appear to describe other types of cancer.

99. I never read the book, "The Emperor of Maladies." but he posits that cancer rates are the same today as it was thousands of years ago. Detection and diagnosis has gotten better.

100. For sure.

And overall treatment outcomes for some/many types of cancer steadily improve, decade by decade.

(It's almost breathtaking that there are apparently still so many people around who imagine that cancer is some kind of "modern disease" caused primarily by pollution and environmental factors [​IMG]. But there you go: many people tend only to examine evidence that they want to examine.)

101. Drinking green tea. Apparently colon cancer responds better to coffee, 4 cups a day.