Trading the 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) /ES opening

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Ronjohn, May 22, 2017.

1. Ronjohn

Ronjohn

Hi,

I have been watching the ES opening at 5:00 P.M. I noticed there is a lot of sell-offs going on at the opening and throughout the evening. I would think the bearish side is the best play here. I have rarely seen it shoot the past the high of the day. I wanted to ask if this is a good time to take advantage of this opportunity.

Tonight the high was 2394.75. Then it dropped to 23.88 in the first thirty minutes. I don't see this big of a drop often. Would love to hear your thoughts about trading the opening..Thank you

2. How long have you watched its night opening? Today's big drop is mainly because of the incident in Manchester.

3. Ronjohn

Ronjohn

About two weeks been focusing on this time. I have been mostly watching the morning session. I guess I should roll back time and watch more openings. I just noticed that bombing in Manchester.

4. ES doesn't have the cash or components of cash to reflect its value during night time/early morning session. So it must use other instruments to track. Mostly uses USD:JPY. And European open uses their equity indexes to track.

Ronjohn likes this.
  5. Ronjohn

Ronjohn

Thanks, I'll do some research

6. Ronjohn

Ronjohn

Can you tell me in what way does the Japanese Yen influence the ZB? Thank you

7. Usd up
    Jpy down
    Zb down
    Gold down
    Equities up

Usually holds true.

JefeTrader likes this.
  8. Ronjohn,

Did you watch ES tonight? Did you make any trades?

9. Ronjohn

Ronjohn

I was watching for an hour or so. I am using my demo account at the moment. Have been spending some time watching 6J ZB ES together. Trying to look for patterns

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Demo and ES don't mix well. At all. No matter the time day or night lol.

#10     May 27, 2017