Trading TF

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by bigspeculate, May 9, 2017.

1. Anyone out there daytrading the TF?

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

3. Will that change the TF?

4. lindq

lindq

The TF used to be a wonderful instrument before the CME sold it. High volume and tight spreads. Now that it's going back home, it may become so again. Only time will tell. A few months at best.

Overnight likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Last I recall, when the TF was at the CME a couple years ago, it was a $10 per tick market. ICE took it away from CME. Now ICE is giving it back to CME in two months, but TF is coming back as a $5 per tick market. SUCKS!

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equ...utures.html#russell2000ContractSpecifications

RTY will be the trading code it seems. It will not be the TF we all love and remember I think. It shall be interesting to watch however!

6. Commission wise, TF is more expensive than before, because the commission is more than 50% of before at many brokers. Some brokers even charge the same commission as before.

7. i960

i960

TF at CME will suck, mark my words. Get ready for the HFT arb-orgy.

8. TF gets little love. On stocktwits the TF feed has almost no discussion.

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I would think that these exchanges would hire a research firm for a perspective about how selling their products to other exchanges would impact the trading instrument especially since it involves "money" the trading instrument would generate.

It seem to me overwhelmingly that the CME selling TF to ICE would undermine the product because I remember only seeing negative responses all over the web by market participants about the CME doing such.

Regardless, glad to see ICE selling it back to CME especially in light of the light charging those ridiculous fees that pssst of professional clients and retail clients. Ironic, this time around, there seems to be less interest as few care this time. :D

Anyways, I love the product but only when it was on the CME.

10. Has there been a noticeable drop in volume when it moved to ICE?

#10     May 10, 2017