Trading strategies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by clarodina, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Anyone has trade randomwalker spread strategies from randomwalktrading?

2. algofy

algofy

Negative....prob bs though as I would never sell my strategy if it's any good.

3. Algofy,

Do you believe that system on sale on the internet are no good or will eventually get saturated? From your years of trading experience?

Thanks,

4. algofy

algofy

I believe if a system is any good, there's no way anybody is gonna sell it for a low cost and probably not sell it all.

Occam and kent like this.
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Ask Gary Smith, Curtis Arnold, some of Larry Williams systems, Vilar Kelly, Richard Saidenberg, Peter Ann, R.S of Houston they were massively oversold and for handful of years they did not work at all, guys in the pits made sure of that. I bought many systems in 1990s to 2006, I found several that I liked and they traded together, but I do much different, I wait for huge drawdowns then they kick in till making new equity highs and then that system(s) shut down.

If a system is very good, no sense to sell it, dealing with the public for me was never fun.

6. Don't look for a System, per se -- but just think of trading as either doing it good or doing it badly o_O:confused:
    Or having or gaining skill, or just acting like a crazy fool who will inevitably get his head blown off in the market.

this is a good documentary I'm currently watching:
    State of Mind: The Psychology of Control (2013)

...it kind of has some good parallels to trading.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  7. Develop your own strategy. Share it with close friends to ensure it's transferable, consistent and scalable. Document it, compare it to others. Then guard it closely, mentor others for a fee only. Think about all the $, hours, days, months, years, it took to prefect your strategy.

8. bone

bone

One-on-one mentoring would be superior to buying subscription-based generic training modules IMHO. But whatever.

If you wanted to learn options spread trading, there are some excellent texts and exchange-provided materials. Maybe get a charting package with delayed data and paper trade it yourself. Adding up all the monthly subscription materials as well as the training modules for sale, and you're getting into the individual mentor pricing model IMO.

9. The mechanics of a trade, for example an iron condor or any other spread. Is not a strategy by it self. A strategy would encompass different market conditions, trade setup, entry, mitigation, exit, scalable, transferable, and rolling etc. Having it all come together and work cohesively towards a goal is a strategy. And what seems intuitive to one may not be to another. Apply KISS. If the strategy appears complex then its more bs and it's not for you.
    Trading and praying is not a strategy.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  10. bone

bone

Once I read this thread, I logged into the website. Looking at the monthly tiered subscriptions for the participation package, the monthly subscription for the software package, and the online store prices for the learning modules - by my read that's several thousand dollars over a period of maybe a year...... and without personal 1-on-1 training as far as I could tell looking at the subscription tiers.

Looking at the Disclaimer, Section 5, I think the "Live" training class description semantics is arguably debatable.

Am I wrong ?

#10     Dec 6, 2016