Trading/Stock Market/Finance movies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beefcaketrade, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Name trading/stock market/finance type movies that you know.

I just watched Quicksilver recently starring Kevin Bacon about a pit trader's career change after losing money. What other movies do you know?

Here is a list I will start with that I have seen (probably not complete)

-The Big Short
    -Quicksilver
    -Wall Street (+sequels)
    -Rogue Trader
    -Boiler Room
    -Wolf of Wallstreet
    -Margin Call
    -Too Big to Fail

Anything else?

2. Every new, and aspiring, and veteran traders...should all watch these movies over and over again every year, or month, or even week :) o_O multiple times,
    I sometimes just listen to movies in my earphones.

May sound silly, or boring, or even psycho to -- But it will improve yourself as a trader in more ways than you can think,

You left out Trading Places, and a whole plethora of finance documentaries on YouTube.
    I personally find watching 2008 financial crisis documentaries Still exciting, or intriguing.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  3. I've actually never seen Trading Places. Also, it's an Eddie Murphy + Dan Ackroyd film. Seems like one of those comedy films that goes over the top and lacks realism. So i never had a huge motivation to see it. But I probably should. In this genre, I prefer more serious flicks like the Big Short or Rogue Trader, which are at least in part based on truth and are true stories.

Yeah they are. But you end up being a little bearish after watching them. Maybe sometimes too bearish to your detriment, trying to short a bull market or something.

4. hmcp

hmcp

The smartest guys in the room is an interesting documentary

5. Overnight

Overnight

6. just21

just21

7. just21

just21

Quicksilver is flashdance on bikes!

8. lol true.

But it's got pit trading. And it's got a good trading moral booster cuz the guy loses everything, takes a hiatus, then wins at least some of it back later.

9. I saw the trailer and it reminds me of the typical over the top Eddie Murphy comedy flicks like Beverly Hills Cops, etc. Generally not in the mood for that kinda comedy flick. But I'd probably watch it if I get a chance.

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

I watched Boiler Room for the first time recently...Nicki Katt looks like Robert Morse twin in that movie.
    images.jpg rm.jpg Look at that hairline. :D

#10     Mar 31, 2017