trading permission for Future index

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ggeib750, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ggeib750

ggeib750

I have an IB account with this trading permission :
    US Securities and Commodities Bundle Non-professional - Level I
    Includes all Stock, Options, Futures and Bond markets United States Subject to
    Waiver

I can select Emini future index in IN TWS but an ettor " no trading permission " is ouput when I buy/semm this future index .

I could not figure out which market data subsctiption is missing / required in addition of the one i have .

2. At IB market data subscriptions and trading permissions are independent of one another.

"US Securities and Commodities Bundle Non-professional - Level I
    Includes all Stock, Options, Futures and Bond markets United States Subject to
    Waiver" is a market data subscription, not a trading permission.

"How do I request trading permission for products?

Overview:
    In Account Management select Trading Access on the left side of the page. Then select Trading Configuration. From the Account Configuration/Trading Configuration page scroll down to Trading Permissions matrix. Select the product and country combinations you wish to obtain trading permission for by clicking in the appropriate box, which will place a check mark in that box. Once you have selected the products you wish to obtain permission to trade, select the Continue button at the bottom of the page, and follow the instructions to submit the request to IB. There will be a period of time before you can trade these products while IB reviews your request to determine if the product(s) selected are appropriate for your account.

In addition, once your request has been approved we recommend that you review your market data subscriptions through the the Trading Access and then Market Data Subscriptions menu options to ensure that you have the proper subscriptions for the products you intend to trade."

3. ggeib750

ggeib750

Thanks for your reply .

Yes I can check the box "futures" for a country but before to do that , I would like to know ( and I did not get the answer on the IB site) :

- If I can have separate tr

4. ggeib750

ggeib750

- If I can have separate market data for futures stocks and futures indexes ( what I want to have)

- To know the cost before going further

5. I don't understand what you want to do.

I'll repeat myself "At IB market data subscriptions and trading permissions are independent of one another."

Aside from the free ones you pay for market data subscriptions. You do not pay for trading permissions.

For example, I have trading permission for FDAX futures, but I do not subscribe to or pay for the EUREX futures data feed.

6. ggeib750

ggeib750

I got your point .
    I have applied for the proper trading permission to IB

Thank you very much