Trading Magazines

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bigspeculate, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Any decent trading magazines these days? So many have disappeared, like active trader mag, SFO..

2. I subscribed to Modern Trader last year, they have delivered one issue (which was great). $99/issue is too expensive though. Seems too high quality to be a scam, but they did scam me out of that money.

3. You paid 99 bucks for annual subscription and only got one issue?

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. speedo

speedo

Modern Trader is good stuff, it's the old Futures Magazine.

dealmaker likes this.
  5. Exactly. And now their email is bouncing.

6. Wow.

7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Two current one that I just found,...
    http://traders.com/ (a couple folded in here, including SFO/Technical Analysis of Stocks Futures & Options)

and, possibly website only,
    https://tradersworld.com/posts/
    which calls itself "The Official Magazine Of Technical Analysis."

All that said, I very rarely find anything worth reading. I pulled a couple of articles out of SFO years ago, and pitched the remainder. Some from Futures/ModernTrader, too. But most I thought was......(to be charitable) dreck. Only ever paged through Active Trader -- I think my reaction was "Meh."

As I started running, I subscribed to Runner's World and Runner, and *inhaled* every issue. But after 18 months, the fact-based articles recycled: there was only so much you could put out there, and "new" stuff covered about 2 Updates! pages at the front. I think the same thing is true of trading -- everything we do is based on fundamentals (whose accounting relationships haven't changed since T-accounts were invented) and moving averages (which, no matter the flooby-dust applied to it, still boils down to a FMA -- and you already know what the MA part stands for...)

I think it's hard to put an entire magazine together, on something that was pretty well nailed down decades ago. Except for the newsy parts, which can be covered in 2 pages at the front -- let's call 'em "Updates!"....

If seeking-αlpha would be kinder to technical stuff, I think we'd be all set. (FWIW, IMO, YMMV...OIMMBCTTA)

dealmaker and speedo like this.
  8. Hey I got a weekly mag here in ET...Send me money!

ES

MarkBrown likes this.
  9. speedo

speedo

George Sheehan was always a fun read in RW but yeah after so many issues, I could have written any of the articles...save who won the 5k on the Marshall Islands over the weekend. :D

comagnum and tommcginnis like this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

I get Modern Trader free. Have been for years. Shhh.

TASC is good but too much of that stocks nonsense. :)

#10     Sep 28, 2018