Trading Japanese Stock Session

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Busta21, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Busta21

Busta21

Anyone trade that session that is US based? I have a few question in regards to which brokers are preferred in addition to a few more question.

Regards

2. I live in Japan, so I'm not sure of this, but from what I've heard the only brokers in the U.S. thru which you could trade Japanese stocks would be IB or ETRADE.

Many people think they can open an account with a Japanese broker here. That's not possible from outside Japan as they require a local address. However there is one Japanese broker that is going to offer trading to institutional clients who are overseas from next month. But when I last spoke to them they said they might consider an individual account based on size. They didn't say how much but I would imagine $500,000+.

3. Busta21

Busta21

I see. I will take a look into IB & E-Trade, thank you for taking the time to respond.

4. Forgot to say that as of right now you can't short Japanese stocks thru IB but they are working on making this available shortly.

5. Busta21

Busta21

What about options on those stocks? I'm doing some research as we speak...just curious

6. Stock options are available on a very limited number of stocks. And the last time I checked the trading was much too thin.

7. Busta21

Busta21

Ah, that was my concern. I'm trying to find another market other than US in which I can trade options during evening hours here in the states.

8. What about Nikkei options?

9. Busta21

Busta21

Good idea

10. not to state the obvious but have you considering JPY ADRs and their options like TM, SNE

#10     Aug 29, 2012