Trading Index Futures Based on Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Apr 5, 2020.

1. expiated

expiated

My Forex system is finished, but requires my full-time attention, which I cannot yet give it. So to pass the time when taking breaks from my other work, I started paying attention to the stock market, partly because of its recent crazy behavior and partly because of responding to FXtrader8911’s thread on Trading the Indices on Fundamentals.

But rather than clutter up his posts, I figured I’d start a separate thread to track my own musings in this regard. Basically, I’m curious to see how well my beliefs would serve me (if I were an investor, which I'm not) if I were to use them to decide when to move to cash and when to test for a market bottom.

So currently, I have the DOW 30 Futures telling me to go long if it drops back down to test 21229 and holds, but to short once again if doesn’t.

ScreenHunter_7822 Apr. 05 18.32.jpg

.sigma likes this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Is this going to be a trade journal ?

wrbtrader

3. maxinger

maxinger

he has created lots of trade journals.
    so there will be more

.sigma likes this.
  4. .sigma

.sigma

@expiated is a technical legend within these ET forums..

Keep up the good work X!

5. expiated

expiated

It looks to be holding strong so I guess I'm a believer. At this point my numbers are telling to continue to view the market positively as long as the DOW Futures remains above 21399, and not to worry about locking in profits unless it drops back down below 21863.

6. expiated

expiated

My new change of sentiment level for the DOW Futures is 21547 and my new level for locking in gains is down at 22289.

7. expiated

expiated

Consider locking in gains now if price drops down between 23340 to 22974, and judge the market to have turned bearish if it reaches 22099.

8. expiated

expiated

Tuesday / April 7, 2020
    Current set of numbers suggests remaining on the sidelines as long as price remains between 22252 and 23341.

9. expiated

expiated

From my perspective this (22650) is a decision level for the DOW Futures. Based on my current numbers, if it climbs higher from this region it is a BUY. If it begins to fall it is a SELL.

US30H1.png

10. expiated

expiated

Wednesday / April 8, 2020 / 11:45 AM PST

My new "lock in profits" level is at 23041 with the updated "reversal in sentiment/bias" calculated down at 22816.

#10     Apr 8, 2020