Trading E-Mini's

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ZebProctor, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Biog

Biog

Tempting, but think I'll pass for now...(up 98% for 2005, not sure of your definition of "really well")

Trading futures holds many advantages over equities. Just because you cannot trade them successfully doesn't mean that nobody does.

#41     Jun 20, 2005
  2. The YM is all I trade...intraday..If I consistently make money, which I don't @ this time, why should I do anything but trade more contracts, with everything the same as 1 contract..In other words, entry same, exit same, stops same, ....................a lot easier to trade more contracts than capture more points.....capturing more points feeds greed and greed kills proper risk management...

#42     Jun 20, 2005
  3. It's useless to post returns or anything else that exceeds the level of a lousy trader.
    All the negative reactions you get will come from people that are unable to trade profitably or that are jealous.
    And you will probably get some PM's from people that will give you positive reactions.

"Really well" means for most people not losing money.

#43     Jun 20, 2005
  4. First off, thank you to everyone who took time out of their busy schedule to respond to, or clarify an answer to a question I had!!!!

Now, my futures account was just approved, and I'm thinking of moving my principal over from my securities account to try my hand at this...

A few thoughts... I guess I just would have imagined to to be easier (in theory) to make money on securities.... because there is some tangible product behind it... your profit or loss is theoretically tied to a corporations profit or loss... but with e-mini's you're just basically betting against someone else... 50% of people will make money and 50% will loose..... I would think that with securities, a lot greater percentage of people would profit..

Anyway, thanks for the help, especially the reccomendation for the simulator, I applied for one of those today and hopefully will run out the trial period before i get too antsy to try with real money..

Thanks

PS Which one is YM again? S&P is NS, I can't recall seeing YM....

#44     Jun 20, 2005
  5. Let's see...98% out of $5K....that comes out to about...wow! $4900!!!

#45     Jun 20, 2005
  6. zeb

contract symbol is ymu5....for current ym contract.....esu5 .....nqu5

#46     Jun 20, 2005
  7. Ebo

Ebo

Good LUCK!

Start small, and have fun.

#47     Jun 20, 2005
  8. there are many people on et trading extremely well, with methods and claims that are highly credible imo

likewise there is always a 'look at my holy grail' thread where the originator is just waiting to call non-believers jealous. we have seen many of these before

#48     Jun 20, 2005
  9. it's getting better as it goes...it ain't going for long....jeb...run as fast as you can away from this journal....there is no one to lean on, just yourself....unless u want to pay a bunch of money to someone who will show u how to lose more of your money............these journals only produced 1 honest guy with knowledge, and he ain't here...and hasn't been for a long time.....

#49     Jun 20, 2005
  10. I agree, but only a few in futures. For newbies, it's just plain dumb to even try it in this environment. I guess losses makes their life more exciting. More power to them!

#50     Jun 20, 2005