Trading brokers and software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by VicBee, Jun 12, 2020.

1. VicBee

VicBee

I left the US for Singapore last year. My broker, Fidelity, told me I can't trade on their platform outside the US.... fools, but whatever.

I've since been trading with TD Ameritrade and I like their TOS platform, probably because it's the first platform I really use and have gotten used to its ways. But one key issue I had is with its limited trading hours of 7 am to 8 pm EST.

Looking on the web, I came across Webull, which allows trading the full extended hours, from 4 am to 8 pm. I like their platform which is far more intuitive and user friendly then TOS, but it has frustrating limitations and quirks due to the fact that they started recently, and I'm sure are spending countless hours fixing glitches here and there. For example, I can't transfer my trading history to TradeLog, the tax prep app I'm also testing out and I'm not about to enter all these manually!

Since I found you guys, perhaps you can provide your thoughts on your work tools to consider. Most important to me is the ability to trade the full extended hours. I'm too new at this to do anything more than trade stocks (no options, ETFs, Futures, etc...one day maybe!) and, since I day trade, speed is also important.

2. Andras

Andras

So many restrictions from the US. It is annoying how they want to control everything. Trading would have been so boring if not for other generous brokers with more flexible offers.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

On Lightspeed Trader, you can use NASDAQ or ARCA to trade from 4am to 8pm ET. We accept foreign accounts on a case by case basis.

pragmatic-trader likes this.
  4. VicBee

VicBee

Wanted to circle back to Webull, which I picked because I can trade 4 am to 8 pm on their platform. I have to warn those who might be interested in checking them out that their back office is quite horrendous. I've just spent several days trying to transfer my 2 months old activities to TradeLog and it's been a nightmare because their downloadable file doesn't include commissions and worse, it's not accurate and neither is their "account details" which is probably where the file draws its info from. To get the actual commission fees one needs to pull their non downloadable trade confirmation files from their website and adjust fees, line by line. I found multiple discrepancies between their trade confirmation data and the downloaded file. I don't know if this is common to other platforms but be warned. I'm about to process my TD Ameritrade accounts... we shall see. Also, I cannot reach them by phone. You're put on hold for the next account rep... forever it seems.