Trading Bitcoin With Leverage.

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Rearden Metal, Jun 15, 2017.

1. I find the BTC/USD chart so predictable, it's past time I began trading this with leverage. BTC/USD is at 2395 right now, but it'll be back up around 3,000 by the end of the month.

Tried getting on BitMex, but they apparently don't accept U.S. residents as clients. I'm sure one of you has this figured out by now... what's the best place for an American to trade BTC with leverage? Thanks...

2. Jdesey

Jdesey

I got a much better idea.... go to Las Vegas and play craps... I think you can get 100X odds. Way better use of your money. This stock is a piece of crap. It trades on a no name exchange. The ownership is secret, nobody knows who they are. Forbes came out and pointed to security problems. This thing is just waiting to collapse.

comagnum likes this.
  3. jj90

jj90

Kraken. Really it's 1 of the few(decreasing) options. There are more ways to get juice(50x) but the margin is in BTC, which essentially makes you a bull.

I ran out of margin buying this AM. At least 2 other cryptos that are holding up and 1 of them is back near highs.

Rearden Metal likes this.
  4. Thanks JJ! Does Kraken take U.S. clients? I just figured out that I can easily disguise my location with NordVPN. And 50X leverage for BTC is just too much of a good thing. At 50X I'd just get blown out on the slightest move, so starting at 5X leverage seems smarter for now...

5. jj90

jj90

@Rearden Metal I don't work for Kraken, but yes they should be able to. It might be state specific though, you may want to look into that. They have a domestic USD funding/withdrawal option so that's a big giveaway they accept US based clients.

Kraken isn't without its flaws but hey it's one of the few options there is.

Rearden Metal likes this.
  6. I'm in. Just waiting to get verified tier 2 now- do you happen to know how long that should take?

And for the record, I know how sketchy BTC is. I know MtGox was the #1 exchange until they stole everyone's money and ran away 3 years ago. If robots hadn't completely destroyed equities daytrading, I'd certainly have better things to do right now.

But the BTC/USD chart is so predictable, it's game on anyhow...

7. thaitye

thaitye

First of all, it's not a stock, it's a currency. There is no ownership, so you can just trash that notion. Now, do I think it's a good idea to trade BTC? Naw probably not, if you're a good trader, I think the regulated markets are 10x better.

8. Jdesey

Jdesey

yes, I corrected myself in another post. I guess technically it would be classified as an "alternative investment".. and yes, thankyou, the regulated markets offer all kinds of protection, order execution, safe keeping of your assets, checks and balances, etc...

I guess people just want to forget that the exchange that was handling 70% of BTC trades went bankrupt 3 years ago and everyone lost all their $$.

9. thaitye

thaitye

Yea sorry for being crass on my reply. I do agree with you though. The regulated markets are still where its at. I don't want to have to negotiate withdrawing funds with my brokers. Offshore forex brokers are already bad, lets not even get into these crypto exchanges headquartered in god knows where. No regulatory oversight, no legal repercussions that can be taken, Its hard enough trying to extract money from regulated markets.

10. Jdesey

Jdesey

no problemo... finally someone who gets it!! this is what I have been saying, but it is like there are BTC zombies here on this board that just don't want to face up to the facts. Throwing money into this is just crazy

#10     Jun 16, 2017