Tradier Brokerage

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by xandman, May 23, 2014.

1. xandman

xandman

This new broker is deserving a thread in ET which can easily encompass several subject matter areas within the forum.

** COSTS - Pricing is excellent.
    ** FRONT ENDS for OPTIONS AND ALGO TRADING -they provide numerous popular and emerging front-ends.
    ** API PROGRAMMING - they provide an API that seems to have better documentation and support than IBKR

Please post your experiences with broker.

https://brokerage.tradier.com/

2. Let's see where the orders go:

NYSE 100% to Knight Securities

NASDAQ 98% to Knight Securities 2% to CITADEL

Options 82% to Knight Securities 18% to CITADEL

No thanks.

bpr and RabidTrader like this.
  3. xandman

xandman

Good job, Jeb.

That's a major red flag.

4. I am new to ET. I am a trader and developer and looking at this API. Looks very easy. I will update later after reviewing further.

5. Brighton

Brighton

They sell their order flow to one firm rather than several, but what does that mean for a small trader? (Serious question, not being a smart alec. I trade mostly futures and futures options so the fine details of the stock market are not my thing)

Let's say the little guy uses only limit orders for stocks and stock options. With NBBO, is he really going to be hurt, and hurt on a consistent basis?

6. xandman

xandman

I think it's practically internalization. So NBBO is just for show on your screen and there really is no routing. Anybody , pls correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.defendtrading.com/mechanicssubpennying.html

Even with options, your a guppy between 2 sharks. Man, I really would have like that discounted esignal. However, a guy like me selling a 1-10 lot with 45dte. Does it matter? not sure. Day trades definitely.

7. I reviewed the API and think it is good. I will open an account with them. Thanks xandman

8. xandman

xandman

Nice. Can you articulate a little on why you think it's good? Also, possibly compared to ibkr or mbt? Thanks.

9. So far....
    No Downloads are needed.
    The tradier api is detailed and documented.
    Streaming is new.
    $3.5 per order is reasonable.
    I will post after I develop further.

10. xandman

xandman

FYI - Tradier confirmed that for a min of $10,000, You will get exactly the Esignal Premium Plus package.

#10     May 30, 2014