TradeTheMarkets DVDs: Futures Trading Seminar

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spinner, Mar 14, 2007.

1. jem

jem

Hey retain me on a 25% contingency fee and I will explain to my friends at Trading Markets and perhaps Ebay as well, why they want to buy that dvd back from you and perhaps pay your attorneys fees as well.

I think I would enjoy the phone call, two guys who used to trade in my office work there.

I mean I like my friends but that is b.s.

#11     Mar 16, 2007
  2. Nobody works there. John Carter is a daytrader that works for himself out of his home. He has no employee's except maybe his wife who gives the appearance of being an employee. But everybody knows she is his wife and not a paid employee.

A real attorney would NEVER solicit work over the internet like you just did. Just another fraud on elite trader. What else is new.

#12     Mar 16, 2007

3. He does work out of his home, but he has 2 employees: Rosa Liscano and Lupita Duong.
    I'm sure they aren't paid employees. They're probably friends of his wife or related to Hubert. Isnt' Hubert Senters a Spanish name? Not sure how Mexicans ended up in Kentucky, but I seen stranger things. Or they are in the chat room doing volunteer sit ins to help answer questions and learn at the same time for free, similar to the forum moderators on here and other online chat rooms.
    Or they might just be hired as temps whenever he does his overpriced seminars.

They both may be illegal immigrants but thats another story.

LOL.

#13     Mar 16, 2007
  4. jem

jem

Hey, I am a real attorney and although I traded for a living for years I have two friends who work for Trading Markets and I know two guys who are vendors with Trading Markets. I think I could get his guy his money back with a couple of calls. I was not completely serious about the 25% but I wonder why I would work for free.

What i was pointing out is that if he did a little work he might Realize he was in the drivers seat. Now in my over 3000 posts I rarely recall offering my services for free or otherwise partly because I traded for a living for about 6 years.

#14     Mar 16, 2007
  5. spinner

spinner

The DVD set is from www.tradethemarkets.com which is different from www.TradingMarkets.com. And I was trying to sell it, not to get my money back. No ET'ers have offered to buy it so far, but sooner or later I will re-list it on eBay.

Thanks guys.

#15     Mar 17, 2007
  6. ebay's vero program is horrible.

spinner who owns an original product has his listing removed.

Meanwhile, so many crooks are selling counterfeit products without a vero removal.

For example, TradeStation 2000i counterfeit CDs: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140098051383

And this pirate, le0o37, is even an ebay powerseller. Go figure!!!

ebay is in serious need of a good competitor. As a monopoly, they are lacking in customer service.

#16     Mar 18, 2007
  7. And what about the guy on eBay from Malaysia that sells bootleg trading software. eBay doesn't take his auctions off. But they harrass nice people that are selling their own original DVD's that they paid for and are just trying to get rid of items around the house to get extra money. eBay is a bad company. I hope somebody else opens up an auction site to put eBay out of business. Maybe google will.

eBay has a history of harrassing nice people.

#17     Mar 18, 2007
  8. This is so true.

#18     Mar 18, 2007
  9. jem

jem

well since it was tradethemarkets. I will tell you what I see.

If are selling the original dvds and you have not signed some contract which purports to give away your rights to resale, when someone got in touch with ebay and blocked your ability to engage in auction, they violated your right to prospective economic advantage.

Which most states protect. They may also have engaged in an unfair business practice which could cause double or treble damages and attorneys fees to be awarded. There are myraid other causes of action that might apply. And from my experience working as an attorney for record companies the federal courts take copyright actions seriously. I am not sure if you could make out a copyright claim but I sure would consider one.

With a little research I think the company would be happy to give you your money back rather than having your pursue your rights.

By the way if you were to get a lawyer involvled I am sure he might see a potential to bring in ebay. With a little discovery there might be a whole class action against businesses which make false copyright control assertions.

I am telling you this is a really interesting question.

#19     Mar 18, 2007
  10. damo484

damo484

2nd this, Carter is a dog. At least this thread may help him being revealed the snake oiler he is. It has worked for me.

DISCLAIMER: No intention to bring any discredit to canines reading this forum.

#20     Mar 20, 2007