TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arc7ren

Arc7ren

1D0827FB-FD16-4501-A8FA-E81C8CC8DB39.jpeg Everybody who has something bad to say about topsteptrader just simply can't trade within their rules so they think it's a sham. Who cares how many people bust their accounts you think the broker cares? If you can trade within their rules you will make an 80/20 profit split simple as that. If you can't shouldn't have paid the money to find out. It's bigger vices out there than a company simulating skin in the game by paying for a test for real capital. For me I didn't have any other choice once you reach certain profit targets they will change your risk metrics based on your stats I don't see how anything could be frowned upon. I'm in the game now we will see how it goes

#191     Apr 24, 2018
    VPhantom and Xela like this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey Mr. OnePostWonder, would you mind reporting back again AFTER you get your 3rd paycheck from them? Thanks.....

#192     Apr 24, 2018
    volente_00 and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  3. Arc7ren

Arc7ren

i have my own live account which pays me on the same strategy with same drawdown so it doesn't matter

#193     Apr 24, 2018
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Then why do it?

#194     Apr 24, 2018
  5. Arc7ren

Arc7ren

To have another source of income sounds like youre encouraging me not to take the money when I had the opportunity to get it. There is no reason for me not to do it.

#195     Apr 24, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Cool. Then get back to us when you actually cash a paycheck from them...

#196     Apr 24, 2018
    QuasWexExort likes this.
  7. scarybooo

scarybooo

I would like to tell you about what is really happening in Topsteptrader.
    I had a goal to pass a 150k combine. The goal was successfully passed.
    Having started my funded account, I earned money for withdrawal.
    At first I decided to withdraw $ 2000. By the rules they transfer money for 7 business days. When the time passed, I began to write them asking for my money. Some messages were answered , some were not. Particularly surprising was the fact that the company hasn’t established a system of communication with traders, you are not informed when they send money. You should write to them / call.
    Finally I was informed that the Finance Team drafted the bank the email to move the money, but did not send it, it had been sitting in their drafts folder. Later, when passed much more time than 7 business days, I got my money.
    After that, I asked for withdrawals for $ 3000. This time I asked to withdraw money not to a bank account, but to PayPal. After 7 business days they tried to send money, but there was an error with PayPal, which they told me. I contacted immediately with PayPal and the problem was fixed.
    After I mailed to Topsteptrader that everything is OK, ready for transaction.
    And the problems began.
    I wrote them asking for my money.
    I wrote a lot of mails, but they answered only few times. They said that their "financial" department is very busy, they don’t know when they’ll send money. I’m writing this mails already for a week.
    But the funny thing I read in their monthly newsletter. According to their information, only six people withdrew money, including me, in April. Where it was an information that I brought out 5,000 usd, which of course I did not get !!!
    This situation does not stimulate trading at all. They have absolutely no system of clear communication with traders, no one keeps in touch what and when, should write, call, inquire at the risk manager, asking for my wire and why the support doesn’t answer.
    For a month I earned in the Topsteptrader about 8k, updating the main page with the maximum profit, posted an overview of my trade in blog. My fuse disappears, I trade with them, without information when I’ll get money.
    Dear traders, everyone can pass the selection, but please, think about what will happen next. I want to warn you, take care of your nerves. And Trade well.

#197     May 3, 2018
    gkishot likes this.
  8. volente_00

volente_00

1. Why give up 20% of the profits ?

2. You are losing the 60/40 tax advantage 1256 contracts offers by agreeing to topstep paying you via 1099 subjecting your profit to a higher tax rate and an additional self employment tax liability.

#198     May 3, 2018
  9. volente_00

volente_00

I'd be knocking on mikes penthouse looking for my money if what you are posting is true.

Post some screenshots of these emails for us to see.

#199     May 3, 2018
  10. stepan7

stepan7

It's hard to do from the other side of the pond. ;) He is from Riga, Latvia.

#200     May 3, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.