TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank you for comment.

What are the total cost (data cost, etc) to me once funded with TST? Someone mentioned Pro trader fee.

What are the total cost to me if I open my own broker account and use my own money?

#181     Mar 16, 2018
    MichalTr likes this.
  2. Xela

Xela

They're all listed in detail, on TST's site.

The two key differences between the two are what you pay for data, and what you pay in commissions.

Data: exchange rules predicate that if you're trading other people's money (which you are, obviously, if you trade a TST account), that classifies you as "professional" and you therefore have to pay the CME $85 per month data-fee. And if you trade futures listed on different exchanges, it's even more than that. (That money goes to the exchange - don't listen to Pekelo's "suggestion" above that it goes to TST: that's just part of his campaign of prejudiced misinformation.)

Commissions: as against the above, you can more than compensate for it by trading a TST funded account entirely commission-free, if you use their "TSTrader" platform (which is a white-label version of Tradovate's: https://help.topsteptrader.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010515748-Platform-Comparison- ). Even if you trade only once a day, that way, you'll effectively cover the exchange's data-fee, anyway, with what you save in commissions. But of course the TSTrader platform has to suit you, to choose that option.

But if you can trade profitably, and have enough funds to trade your own account, there's not much sense in using a TST-funded account and giving up 20% of your profits to TST? Under those circumstances, you're not really in TST's target demographic?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    #182     Mar 16, 2018
    MsFutures, MichalTr and SimpleMeLike like this.
  3. sss12

sss12

wow, such wit. Try and contribute when you dry off.

#183     Mar 16, 2018
  4. MichalTr

MichalTr

#184     Mar 16, 2018
  5. Thank you Xela for the explanation. TST is definitely for me right now in my journey.

#185     Mar 16, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  6. snowman80

snowman80

i apologize. i didn’t mean to raise your blood pressure - i come in peace. i have nothing against TopSpeedTrader, capitalism or any attempt by fellow man to pursue profitable enterprise.

peace and prosperity :fistbump:

#186     Mar 16, 2018
  7. MichalTr

MichalTr

Depends form broker, platform, margins and a bit more things (how much volume you make, what execution you need, access to which exchanges). But in vey shortcut I think @Xela gave you very good answer. If you want some more details you can send me PM or ask here.

Here you can find fees and commissions for TST:
    https://help.topsteptrader.com/hc/e...-fees-do-I-have-to-pay-in-the-Funded-Account-
    https://help.topsteptrader.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000174188-Do-I-have-to-pay-exchange-data-fees-

#187     Mar 16, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  8. sss12

sss12

More "wit", still no contribution. Have a good weekend anyway.

#188     Mar 16, 2018
  9. mm2mm

mm2mm

did they change the rules again??

#189     Mar 28, 2018
  10. Xela

Xela

Yes.

They're really responsive to people's suggestions, and they continue to change things in response to demand, in an attempt to increase the Combine pass-rates, to the extent that they feel they can do so safely.

The recent changes reduced the first part of the Combine from a minimum of 10 days to only 5, while the second part (formerly known as "FTP") remains a 10-day minimum, I think.

#190     Mar 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.