n/a

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Mar 27, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Feel free to ask questions

1. Price action and trade management is everything. Talking head commentary is bullshit.

2. Chart patterns are far less important than you'd think.

3. Successful trading is grinding alot of small trades vs swinging size.

4. Always keep TIGHT STOPS

5. See Rule #4

6. Your personal path will be unique, don't copy just one approach.

7. Pay a lot more attention to market internals $TRIN $VIX plus time of day

8. Winning trades usually feel late to enter, early to exit.

9. Start small then scale, like I did today..
    fdly27mar.gif
    fdly27marup793.jpg

10. Throw a lot of small darts and see what sticks, eg I start most trades 10-50shares and martingale in up to 500 max

11. Trade wide range clean charts vs choppy fuzzy low odds charts

12. Optional... being a badass musician helps with timing. Here's my mad sax skills... helps with the ladies too, llol

More coming...

See also http://technical.traders.com/archive/combo/display5.asp?author=Ken Calhoun

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  2. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Congrats you’ve done 0.04%
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Keep up the good work ;)

3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

what are you talking about

Hotcakes and Sekiyo like this.
  4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

It just shows that you can potentially trade a reasonable size and achieve positive results. Congrats Ken! Happy for you.

Hotcakes, vanzandt and KCalhoun like this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Thanks, Matt... you're a sharp guy too, your article is spot on, feel free to add your tips if u want, always good to learn from other pros : )

Hotcakes, vanzandt and MattZ like this.
  6. Hey Ken,
    Not starting a war here, but $793 isn’t exactly a number to pound your chest about. Especially after 21 years in the biz.

You mentioned numerous times you were up 8k for the month, so now it’s 9...
    Let’s call it 10k.
    In volatility like this you should be printing cash. I don’t understand what’s the point of starting a thread like this with those numbers?

Like I said, not looking for a war, just not getting the point.

Glad you’re having a personally stellar month though. Congrats.

7. dozu888

dozu888

aa
    watch out... lawsuit coming for defamation of a well respected public figure.

lovethetrade and themickey like this.
  8. is that realized or unlrealized gain for the trades you did today? is that all the trades or just some of the trades for the day? can you post a screenshot of your sell if you sold them those position today?

9. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

The approach of "printing cash" even figurately speaking, is not a professional approach. I think you missed the point, because the size of the trades was reasonable to the risk and reward.

At times like this when the markets have erased most people's IRA and 401K, even the pros should reduce size.

This is my opinion: There is healthy volatility that traders could potentially operate in. What we experienced in the last month was unprecedented, and when the VIX is at the levels that it is at, whoever is reducing the size of their trades is doing the right thing. Period.

10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Hi, it's disappointing to see nothing but venom from you folks when I'm trying to help others learn.

Why all the negativity towards me? I'm a UCLA grad, honest educator, #1 readers choice winner TASC 2018 and popular Moneyshow speaker. Sheesh.

But you won't intimidate me because I have the TRUTH on my side, I'm transparent and honest. You should be ashamed of your hatorade. Sheesh ur a tough crowd. Morons

I'm not going anywhere, princesses. I'll just keep posting my real money PnLs regularly, and the world will see a) me showing actual trades, both wins and stops, VS b) impotent et troll ladies spewing bs and realize the truth of the situation. So bite me

Takes so much courage to anonymously troll on a forum. If ur a pussy lol. Bring it. You might be able to intimidate others, I eat little dck bullies for lunch. Ive been popular on forums since bbs dialup modem days. Ur outcompeted kittens

I posted my P&L / trades in my journal where tf is YOURS? Oh crickets chirp cuz u wannabe et posers don't trade successfully. Piss off, wankers.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Unless they're et snowflake trolls who never post live real pnls because they're either losing traders or don't even trade at all. Show current real money P&Ls outdoing mine, or step the fck off .

#truth hurts
    #ieatrollbiatches4dinner

fdlyallbg27mar.jpg fdlyallsm27mar.jpg

#10     Mar 27, 2020
    yc47ib, Real Money, Hotcakes and 4 others like this.