Too bad we can't communicate with Sperm Whales

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, May 30, 2010.

1. heypa

heypa

I can't get past the cause.
    Sure there was an explosion.
    Sure there was a fire.
    I see fire control ships pumping water on the fire.
    The drilling platform was a boat!
    How much water can you pump into a boat before it sinks breaking the pipe that is feeding oil to the fire.
    How much water can you pump onto a continuous fire to put it out.
    Water doesn't work on a well fed oil fire with a continuous supply.
    Water is used to cool the fire below ignition point. That's hard to do with continuous ample fuel supply.

Hard to close an awkward positioned pipe 1 mile down.
    Either boom around where it's coming up and pump it into awaiting tankers. Or guide it to the surface with an over sized pipe and capture it.
    And continue working on an intercept well as they are doing.
    JMHO.

#11     May 30, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, the water used sank the platform. Agreed!

#12     May 30, 2010
  3. Smear scent from a lady whale in heat on the well, then wait for a boy whale to swim by and plug it with his enormous whale penis?

#13     May 30, 2010
  4. EON Kid

EON Kid

In the oil and gas industry thats known as a 'cum shot'

#14     May 30, 2010
  5. Can't they blow it up? Shoot a nuke down a tube and blow it up. I thought they did this on land. Blow up wells.

#15     May 30, 2010
  6. nitro

nitro

Instead of mud and concrete, how about inserting some of that foam that they put on buildings so that the beams are fire resistant? I guess what we want is some sort of material that instantly hardens on contact with water. I can't believe there isn't some compound out there like that.

#16     May 30, 2010
  7. I guess what we want is some sort of material that instantly hardens on contact with water. I can't believe there isn't some compound out there like that.

------------

There is. Hydraulic cement.

I'm leaning towards the theory BP wants to cap the well and be able to re use it. My solution to blow it up would probably render the well and surrounding areas useless.

#17     May 30, 2010
  8. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/16heorrfsgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/16heorrfsgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

disclaimer: No sperm whale has been hurt during shooting of this movie

Shortie Spielberg Out :cool:

#18     May 30, 2010
  9. It's interesting that companies have been allowed for decades to do this offshore drilling without a verified, proven, foolproof plan to correct any problems that might arise. Go figure...

#19     May 30, 2010
  10. Yes actually that would work great. Rumor has it the old USSR did this (underwater nuclear detonation) five times during their offshore oil drilling history.

The problem is that all those non-nuclear Arab countries that we don't agree with politically will start hollering "we want nukes to protect our environment also!" And we lose some of our moral standing when we tell them no you can't have nukes. I am in complete agreement with our gov't on this.

#20     May 30, 2010