To: Elliott Wave experts or enthusiasts only

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jpvil123, Nov 6, 2016.

1. jpvil123

jpvil123

Can anyone here divulge and tell me the relationship between the 1.618 fibonacci extension and with certain elliott wave patterns and which you prefer to use it in conjunction with? I'm also not talking about everything being divisible by or into 1.618 and extending and all these other scenarios I'm speaking solely specifically on the 1.618 retracement or extension etc. I'm also not talking about using it for a take profit level...

2. Fibonacci number is myth...any strategy based on static number will fail.

Eliiot is just simply moving average 60.

3. jpvil123

jpvil123

why did you even bother replying? I said to experts and enthusiasts only.

Simples likes this.
  4. Fair enough.
    Expert = No ( expert uses Fib),
    Enthusiasts = YES (naive traders believe in it)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Zzzz1 likes this.
  5. jpvil123

jpvil123

To any experts around here, I'm really just quite interested in learning and knowing any experience and observations between certain 1.618 retracements and extensions. Not really interested in the other fib levels between 0 to under 1.618 or over 1.618 (although there will always probably be some underlying connection in some way with the golden ratio, I think it opens up too many doors to bring in other ratios. However if there is strong reason for it then feel free to mention it). Merely looking for any knowledge about strong relationships with the 1.618 fib point from experience. Thanks to anyone who can take the time.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  6. jpvil123

jpvil123

Any traders traders wanna join the discussion? feel free

7. jpvil123

jpvil123

get lost.

8. Xela

Xela

You did say that, yes ... thereby giving yourself (with the "enthusiasts" part) the remarkable, self-imposed limitation that the only people with whom you'll interact specifically exclude the group of people who have spent plenty of time examining and learning all about the exact things you're asking about, before deciding that they're actually a load of old nonsense.

"I want to learn about this but only from people I already agree with - no other perspectives or experience are welcome".

A more extreme example of selection-bias would be harder to find.

Even in ET (and that's saying something).

And by the way Victorycountry happens to be right about this. It happens. ;)

9. jpvil123

jpvil123

I thought this forum was full of mature knowledgeable intelligent people. I guess the fxfactory crowd is also congregating on this forum guess I'll have to find others now.

10. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Since when do you dictate thread rules?
    Are you afraid of critics?

#10     Nov 6, 2016