Title Trading in Canada

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by newmansk, Feb 4, 2008.

1. newmansk

newmansk

Does anybody know about Title Trading in Canada? If so, please help me with the following questions.

1. Can you please let me know what instruments can I trade with Title Trading (i.e. equities, options, e-mini futures, commodities, etc.) and exchanges available?

2. Do we have to close out our positions at the end of the day or can we carry them over?

3. What are the trading, ECN, and exchange fees like?

4. How does the compensation structure work? What are the rate of commissions and is it based off a tier system?

5. Do they allow remote trading?

6. What are the closest offices to the Hamilton, ON area?

7. How do they differ (or similarities) to other firms like SwiftTrade, Global Trading and Bright Trading?

8. What other prop firms are available in Ontario?

Thanks for providing the time with the following information.

2. 1. Can you please let me know what instruments can I trade with Title Trading (i.e. equities, options, e-mini futures, commodities, etc.) and exchanges available?

Equities, Nasdaq amex and nyse

2. Do we have to close out our positions at the end of the day or can we carry them over?

yes, you have to close out your positions

3. What are the trading, ECN, and exchange fees like?

Ecns standard. clearing is 20 cents per 1000 shares. Software is 125 bucks. New york book $60.

4. How does the compensation structure work? What are the rate of commissions and is it based off a tier system?

50% to trades at most offices.

5. Do they allow remote trading?

No

6. What are the closest offices to the Hamilton, ON area?

North York? (lol i have no idea where that is). Cambridge? Sherbrooke? Mississauga? My geography sucks.

7. How do they differ (or similarities) to other firms like SwiftTrade, Global Trading and Bright Trading?

Not sure what global trading is. I would say less specific that Bright (as i believe they teach you exactly a very specific strategy(s). Similar to swift, but more weekly education and instruction on technical patterns and normally the branch managers are traders, so they can help you, not just let you flounder. That being said I dont us technical patters heh.

8. What other prop firms are available in Ontario?

Golden Mkt Managment, World Trade securities, Title Trading, Swift Trade, JC trading, assorted Genesis LLC's... list goes on and on.