Timmay Gets Bitch Slapped

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cstfx, Sep 21, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

From today's NYPost Page 6 column:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09212007/gossip/pagesix/partys_over_for_hedge_king.htm

PARTY'S OVER FOR HEDGE KING

September 21, 2007 -- A WALL Street war has erupted between influential Trader Monthly magazine and boisterous money manager Timothy Sykes, who says he was rudely disinvited to its "30 Under 30" party at Gold Street restaurant celebrating young financial whizzes after his once-mighty hedge fund tanked.

"Everything was fine, and then I get a call from their p.r. lady telling me I was no longer invited," Sykes, star of last year's Internet reality show "Wall Street Warriors," told Page Six.

"Then I spoke with the editor-in-chief, Randall Lane, and he said I wasn't welcome. My friends couldn't believe it - they were like, 'What did you do to him, screw his girlfriend or something?' "

Lane says Sykes is a shameless publicity hound whose Cilantro Fund lost a third of its value since last year. In an e-mail to Sykes, he wrote: "Acclaim comes with performance. While you've been busily self-promoting, your track record this past year for yourself and your investors has been pitiful. Laughably horrid. If you ever again become a real trader - rather than ignore the hard work required to instead play one on TV - you'll be welcome in our community.

"Until then . . . we will have nothing to do with you, as we celebrate those who actually perform versus those who pretend to."

What a difference a year makes. In 2006, Sykes was not only the star of the "30 Under 30" bash, he was written up in the Times for turning $12,415 of Bar Mitzvah gift money into a $1.65 million fortune and launching Cilantro Fund Management, which became top-ranked by Barclays.

But Cilantro has suffered major losses, and in his new book, "An American Hedge Fund," Sykes slams the market, writing: "I would like to thank the thousands of inept corporate management teams, shady brokers, boiler rooms, stock promoters, market manipulators . . . for your endless scheming and undying greed without which my fortune would never have been possible."

Lane told us Sykes no longer fits in with Trader Monthly's audience: "This guy has decided to become Mr. Media as his hedge fund loses money." But Sykes said Lane and his magazine are losing face. "For the editor-in-chief of a magazine I used to worship, this is crazy," he said. "It's a slap in the face."

Lost 1/3 of its value!! And wonders why he was not invited to the party. Wah! [​IMG]

2. Sykes welcomes the drama to promote his book.

I wonder if all this PR work is worth it? How much can a best selling trading book make the author?

3. What changed in his strategy ? Was he long during the recent August swoon ?

4. ""I would like to thank the thousands of inept corporate management teams, shady brokers, boiler rooms, stock promoters, market manipulators . . . for your endless scheming and undying greed without which my fortune would never have been possible.""

Written like a adolescent yahoo poster. Assume the above is true the conclusion one could draw if your fund lost money is the market has been born again and saw the light, redeemed itself from hellfire and damnation, which we know is incorrrect. Probably should not have spoken about the crazy aunt in the closet. If your only tatic is to capitalize on the seemy side of the market I'm not surprised you were disinvited.

If what you quote was true, readers would expect you to do something about it not capitalize on it, (reflects on your character)unless your running for office of some sort, then I'd give you a pass.

5. It seems that Timmay's 15 minutes extended to 17 minutes.

But he's, like, so OVER now.

Move on TS. Better see if Home Depot is hiring. Orange apron for you, boy. :D

6. empee

empee

schadenfreude

7. [​IMG]

Timmaayyyy--

The sad part of all this is that in a few days, (maybe even this weekend) your so called "friends" are going to realize what a loser you are too and then you're really gonna be on the ledge.

Then once you're "investors" get wind of this article they will be using it against you in court to show how u fucked them by not watching the fund and instead running around trying to grab attention.

Think I'm kidding?? Just wait, you'll see.

This is what happens to all losers eventually. You're going to be like Steve Martin in the Jerk after everyones eyes started crossing from his invention LOL!!!!

8. cstfx

cstfx

Actually, the more I think about it, and being a NYer and knowing that the Post's Page 6 is a publicists wet dream, I wouldn't be surprised if it really isn't just a stunt because the book is supposed to be released in a few days. Cheaper, dollar hooker stunt.

But can't ignore the 33% drop in asset value. News flash, son, you ain't no Brian Hunter.

9. September 21, 2007 -- A WALL Street war has erupted between influential Trader Monthly magazine and boisterous money manager Timothy Sykes, who says he was rudely disinvited to its "30 Under 30" party at Gold Street restaurant celebrating young financial whizzes after his once-mighty hedge fund tanked.

"Everything was fine, and then I get a call from their p.r. lady telling me I was no longer invited," Sykes, star of last year's Internet reality show "Wall Street Warriors," told Page Six.

"Then I spoke with the editor-in-chief, Randall Lane, and he said I wasn't welcome. My friends couldn't believe it - they were like, 'What did you do to him, screw his girlfriend or something?' "

Lane says Sykes is a shameless publicity hound whose Cilantro Fund lost a third of its value since last year. In an e-mail to Sykes, he wrote: "Acclaim comes with performance. While you've been busily self-promoting, your track record this past year for yourself and your investors has been pitiful. Laughably horrid. If you ever again become a real trader - rather than ignore the hard work required to instead play one on TV - you'll be welcome in our community.

"Until then . . . we will have nothing to do with you, as we celebrate those who actually perform versus those who pretend to."

What a difference a year makes. In 2006, Sykes was not only the star of the "30 Under 30" bash, he was written up in the Times for turning $12,415 of Bar Mitzvah gift money into a $1.65 million fortune and launching Cilantro Fund Management, which became top-ranked by Barclays.

But Cilantro has suffered major losses, and in his new book, "An American Hedge Fund," Sykes slams the market, writing: "I would like to thank the thousands of inept corporate management teams, shady brokers, boiler rooms, stock promoters, market manipulators . . . for your endless scheming and undying greed without which my fortune would never have been possible."

Lane told us Sykes no longer fits in with Trader Monthly's audience: "This guy has decided to become Mr. Media as his hedge fund loses money." But Sykes said Lane and his magazine are losing face. "For the editor-in-chief of a magazine I used to worship, this is crazy," he said. "It's a slap in the face."

-Gonna have tp paste this as a response to any of his future posts.

10. Still LMAO.

"Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my Wall Street Warrior videos."

#10     Sep 21, 2007