Time & Sales - Colors for Bid/Ask/Mid & Quantity

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by damoonrulz1, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Call me crazy, I can't figure out to get my time and sale window like it should be...

1) I am use the to normal settings of red front @ bid, green @ ask, and white between bid & ask. I see IB TWS uses a dot and I also see you can change it based on up/down ticks. But that is not what I am asking for. Would like to display in the color BID ASK or MID.

2) The sizes... I don't need to see x100 or odd lot in my quantity. Work around for this is____?

Thanks for any feedback. These seem like basic / industry standards, not sure why this is the only platform that is so different.

2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

IB's Time and Sales is pretty bunk.

1. Theres a settings you can change so you dont just see a colored dot and instead the letters/numbers are red green or white.

IB also handles it stupidly in that you only see green or red when a NEW uptick or downtick happens. Every trade that happens after that at that same price will be white. Which is fucking stupid.

If orders keep hitting the bid at a price level then EVERY print should be read to indicate downward pressure. The only time you should see white is when the trade actually happens between the spread.

2. As far as I know that x100 issue has been fixed a while ago. Which TWS version are you using. Its been fixed in Beta for a while and I think its been carried over to LATEST as well

3. Thanks for the feedback - yeah on #1 that is what I saw to re: just changing the colors but trades after are white. I mean the tape is a challenge to read as it self, TWS makes it harder.

I think I am on stable version, since I don't like to update... I will look at the updates. thank you for your help.