Time for Tom Brady to retire!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by spy, Dec 18, 2022.

This should be Tom's last season in the NFL

Poll closed Jan 1, 2023.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. spy

spy

Broken marriage, FTX debacle... his time is up. He's already considered the GOAT, what more is there for him to accomplish? Continuing to play in the NFL will just tarnish his legacy.

2. destriero

destriero

He will retire this season.

spy likes this.
  3. spy

spy

Three turnovers tonight! Theta decaying quickly at this point, lol.

destriero likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

that’s not enough. We demand 4 turnovers!

spy likes this.
  5. spy

spy

Yeah, and a delicious apple crumble too!

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

7. hilmy83

hilmy83

that divorce screwed with his mindset

spy likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

He is not going gentle into that good night of retirement.

I am darn sure though that no matter when he gets out, he'll be taking up those commentator jobs he was offered. Hell, like you said, he no longer has wife and kids at home (probably).

9. When you have been one of the best players ever to play a sport, it must be hard to give it up. Hell, it's got to be hard for any pro player.

I could name a whole bunch of players from football, baseball, ect that have been in this boat.

Same thing with musicians, they just don't want to quit even if they are 80 years old and sound like crap. lol

10. Overnight

Overnight

Seems to me that when you are having your worst year in the tail-end of your career since your rookie year? Time to hang up the hat gracefully. I really think he's trying to pull off a Payton Manning deal, retire on a Super-Bowl win. He could have done that a couple years ago, but he stuck to his whole "I will not stop playing until I am 45 YO thing".

Ug!

#10     Dec 19, 2022