tick Charts E-mini S&P 500 Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by JL.inc, Sep 26, 2017.

1. JL.inc

JL.inc

Traders, are any of you guys using tick charts for your main trading chart?
    or any tick charts in your intraday strategy for that matter?
    if so what kind of indicators do you use and which platform/software?

2. IamBlaze

IamBlaze

don't use tick charts to make trading decisions

3. JL.inc

JL.inc

Blaze, go blaze another one there bud last time i checked each day trader develops his own style of trading and I rely on a specific chart interval and a variety of other things in combination, its all about price action because all your indicators your relying on are derivatives of price action. I don't know who you are to tell me how to trade, that's not what thread is about. I don't differ you from the way you learned how ''you'' do it your way the what ''you'' do. Always keep an open mind

4. Handle123

Handle123

I use tick charts but without indicators cause am using 2 tick lengths, automation is using information to generate volume for entries during lunch or other low periods of volume based on the tick. Am using private platform. For intraday, mainly scalper systems, but nothing has jumped out in back testing for me to use tick for entries, in other words, nothing would give me low enough losing percentages, some were profitable but I won't go to trouble of programming it all if percentages are not right in the past. I have found more information from them for MAE to assist for proper protective stop areas and some with extending targets when stair stepping in a direction. For me, always best keep open mind.

Wish you luck with them.

beginner66 likes this.
  5. IamBlaze

IamBlaze

Wooaaa chill there JL, I just answered the first two questions of your thread
    "Traders, are any of you guys using tick charts for your main trading chart?
    or any tick charts in your intraday strategy for that matter?"

I'm sorry if came across as bossy and arrogant, to be fair I was close to blackout drunk yesterday when browsing these forums (it helps). And the stuff you said in your comment about each one of us having a different strategy and so on- YOU ARE SO RIGHT. I guess what I meant to say is that in my personal opinion, tick charts involve a lot of noise that can be really hard to profit before you master it, and even when you do, it would be hard to scale it as a strategy.

Once again, I'm sorry if I offended you, 100% my fault.

6. MrScalper

MrScalper

You are 1000% correct..only fools use tick charts to daytrade the ES or NQ..sure way to be parted with your money very quickly!

I don't apologize to anyone for being correct :)

IamBlaze likes this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

All my charts are volume charts.

I have not used any indicator since 20 years ago.
    I only use zig zag line.
    Learn to read trend from candle sticks, from chart pattern.

Trader447 likes this.
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Sorry to break it to you but Zig Zag, volume and candlestick bars ... are indicators.

Zodiac4u, comagnum and Handle123 like this.
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

I use both time and tick charts with TradeStation and hey even a few indicators. It works for me all these years. Even though price action, in whatever bar formation you prefer, works just as well.

Zodiac4u, JL.inc and comagnum like this.
  10. JL.inc

JL.inc

What works for works for you guys so stick with your program. Now the tread about tick charts and if you use them. If you don't move along plain and simple there's no need for negative bashing BS; quite childish just saying. We don't care that you don't use them straight up good for you that you don't.

Now for those who do use them feel free to throw your input and how you like to pair it with your setup....

#10     Sep 30, 2017