This woman exposed Madoff long ago

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

2. gnome

gnome

My favorite part...

"... Laffer has since been proven to be full of shit...."

I've thought that for 20 years... just like Kudlow!

3. That's a great read... thanks.

4. Daal

Daal

Its funny how all of the sudden everybody, their mothers and their wifes knew madoff was a crook. well what about all the millions of false accusations

5. zdreg

zdreg

false accusations about what?

6. Daal

Daal

my point is that some people will rather die than to ADMIT than somebody else can make lots of money and be successful. accusations that this or that rich manager is a crook are all over the place
    I bet the SEC gets asked to investigate funds every week

7. Best quote from that article. :D

It made my day, thanks

8. MGJ

MGJ

More correct to say, "On December 11th, this woman CLAIMED that she exposed Madoff long ago. But she offered no proof that her claim was true."

9. nitro

nitro

"In 2000, I advised a family-office on their alternative investments, and constructed a portfolio on their behalf. I had free rein (thanks! anon). Included in their legacy portfolio was a sizable Madoff position. As a fiduciary - and a conservative one - coming on the heels of LTCM which also lacked transparency and which made it hard for me to raiise capital - I dug, asked every welll-connected equity-finance, prime-broker, electronic trader and HF allocator type I knew and it still didn't add up. The best and brightest still had no more insight than I, though the skeptical shared my suspicions. So, I strongly suggested they "dump it". "One isn't being compensated sufficiently for not knowing, and something just isn't right here. Yeah maybe its OK, but I think it's not". But they liked "it" and they liked "him". "He's always paid", they said. "We've been with him a long time". Old school they were. Trusting. What the fuck did I know anyway?"

"...The Wall Street Journal raises the red flags, in an article but it's dismissed as hyperbole disseminated by jealous competitors. But thge nagging thing is: there are lots of smart guys out there. More than sixty of them near Stonybrook with Simons focused on cracking the nut faster, better quicker, and this activity and result, I can understand. But there is no sign of such exactitude or intellectual firepower at Madoff. Just 70 to 100 bps per month, secretiveness, and dissonance."

10. MGJ

MGJ

"I CLAIM THAT In 2000, I advised a family-office on their alternative investments, and constructed a portfolio on their behalf. I had free rein (thanks! anon). Included in their legacy portfolio was a sizable Madoff position. As a fiduciary - and a conservative one - coming on the heels of LTCM which also lacked transparency and which made it hard for me to raiise capital - I dug, asked every welll-connected equity-finance, prime-broker, electronic trader and HF allocator type I knew and it still didn't add up. The best and brightest still had no more insight than I, though the skeptical shared my suspicions. I CLAIM THAT I strongly suggested they "dump it". "One isn't being compensated sufficiently for not knowing, and something just isn't right here. Yeah maybe its OK, but I think it's not". But they liked "it" and they liked "him". "He's always paid", they said. "We've been with him a long time". Old school they were. Trusting. What the fuck did I know anyway?" However I cannot be bothered to prove these claims

I ASSERT THAT "...The Wall Street Journal raises the red flags, in an article (however I can't be bothered to povide a citation) but it's dismissed as hyperbole disseminated by jealous competitors. But thge nagging thing is: there are lots of smart guys out there. More than sixty of them near Stonybrook with Simons focused on cracking the nut faster, better quicker, and this activity and result, I can understand. But there is no sign of such exactitude or intellectual firepower at Madoff. Just 70 to 100 bps per month, secretiveness, and dissonance."

#10     Dec 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.