"This is the worst case of insider trading ever."

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader556, Sep 15, 2003.

1. "Below are a few standouts on the SEC list [' *' indicates a WTC tenant; (-x) represents the multiple over average volume]: Airlines: UAL (285x), AMR (60x) Insurance sector: Marsh & McLennan (93x)*, Citigroup (45x), Swiss Re, XL Capital Brokers: Bear Stearns (60x), Morgan Stanley (27x)*, Merrill Lynch (12x)"

Those kind of variances are nonsense? A reasonable occurence in a downtrend? A terrorist group hijacks 4 airplanes and hits 3 targets and there are statistically anomolous put option trades that precede the terrorist strikes, in companies that are directly affected by the strikes.

Its nonsense to dismiss it.

#11     Sep 15, 2003
  2. A few days after WTC the President of the SEC has announced in medias (I read it in les Echos one - of the most important financial Journal in france from a british group) that ALL the 300 important cases have disappeared. Well in modern electronic age funny that they don't have archives... I once made a mission for bank de France and one thing that is sure is that they have archives on dispersed sites, don't tell me that for such sensitive affairs they didn't do the same especially theses cases were investigated by FBI. Really in any crime one look for interests and here one omitted to look at interests : of course because of the emotions of people but isn't precisely that they exploited because is it realistic that these 300 affairs that was to be trialed could have disappeared COMPLETELY and won't be judged anymore.

#12     Sep 16, 2003
  3. This is a Washington post on the role gold and Dubai's financial system played in the movement and laundering of money for al Qaeda and the Taliban.

"Al Qaeda's Road Paved With Gold"
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/w...ode=&contentId=A22303-2002Feb16&notFound=true

Do you really think that they would financial traffic without opeating also on Wall Street and other financial markets where even a teanager can move a stock by throwing rumors ?!!!

In France, a former finance minister has already discovered a few years ago that 5% of liquidity comes from Maffia. The report was published but only in financial medias and in just a few lines whereas they published in big letters that the italian market has massive liquidity from Maffias. So if Maffias do it, why on earth shouldn't terrorists do it also all the more that Arabian financial men are among the most richests ?

Although it is perhaps biased since this is from jerusalem posts : The Government of Arabia himself is accused of financing 50% of the terrorist funds :

http://www.kokhavivpublications.com/2003/israel/07/0307160559.html

Jul. 15, 2003

The Jerusalem Post

More than 50 percent of Hamas's current funding comes from Saudi Arabia and is increasing despite US President George W. Bush's call to the kingdom to halt aid to Palestinian terrorist groups, Dore Gold, a former Israeli ambassador to the UN and a researcher of terrorist financing, said Tuesday in Washington.

"The Saudi share of Hamas funding is growing, not declining. We're getting no change in Saudi behavior," Gold said at a roundtable on Saudi terrorist financing and September 11 organized by Reps. Ileana Ros Lehtinen (R-Florida), chair of the House International Relations Subcommittee on the Middle East and Central Asia, and Gary Ackerman (D-New York), the ranking Democrat on the subcommittee.

Gold, author of "Hatred's Kingdom: How Saudi Arabia Supports the New Global Terrorism," said the percentages were according to an Israeli national assessment.

Saudi Arabia, he said, continues to directly fund Hamas's military wing, provide funding for civilian, terrorist-front organizations, and writes checks to families of suicide bombers.

#13     Sep 16, 2003
  4. And 15 days before WTC event, a former directed of CIA decided to quit CIA because he declared that the Oil interests and the Arabian Interests want to prevent him to enquiry on arab terrorist groups. This director was then named director of WTC security - what a coïncidence - so today he can't speak any more.

#14     Sep 16, 2003
  5. i too have read the above info ....also of note, supposedly no one claimed the profits.

i think the most obvious conclusion one can come to is that if there was one flimsy shread of evidence linking these trades to arab terrorist it would have been exploited by the War Party to the nth degree.

personally i don't think the "trend" had one ounce to do with the spike in volume in the "9/11" options.

#15     Sep 16, 2003

6. are you SURE these volume increases occured before the incident and not during or after ?? without knowing the EXACT timing of the trades, yes the variances are simply profitering from disaster.

:)

#16     Sep 16, 2003
  7. absolutely

#17     Sep 16, 2003

8. when did they occur ? across what time frame ?

best,

surfer

#18     Sep 16, 2003
  9. man

man

i apologise if i hurt anyones feeling with this, but did anyone else here that story that the percentage of jewish people killed within the attacks was significantly lower than their share in workforce within the buildings?

i just heard that thing and still can't believe it.

peace

#19     Sep 16, 2003
  10. I am most definitely not a conspiracy freak either, but i`ll go a step further than that statement. A very close friend of mine worked for Waterhouse. He said that all morning there was not a taxi cab to be found downtown prior to the attack.

I have another for you. My Aunt lives in Islip NY on Long Island and had Arabic neighbors. A group of her neighbors (including the Arabic family) were planning on a trip in to see a show. The first set of plans fell through so they re-planned the trip for the week of 9/11. The Arabic family said they could not make it. The day after the attacks their house was empty...they left in the middle of the night.

#20     Sep 16, 2003