This gun looks just like an iPhone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JamesL, Jan 19, 2017.

1. JamesL

JamesL

[​IMG]

It might look like a bulky old-generation square iPhone to most people, police included, but the device in the image above is a weapon. One that actually works, and one that could have people fooled.

The Ideal Conceal, which we told you about last March, is a .380 caliber handgun that’s currently available for preorder. The gun is supposed to “hide in plain sight” and become “virtually undetectable,” according to the Minnesota-based company that makes it.

“The idea for Ideal Conceal follows the present-day demand for handguns that people can carry on a day to day basis, in a manner that makes carrying a gun easy to do,” the company says on its website. “From soccer moms to professionals of every type, this gun allows you the option of not being a victim.

The gun fires high-velocity ammunition, Business Insider reports, which means it can be discharged with speed. Furthermore, the gun does not have to be cocked before being fired.

When not in use, the gun can be “concealed” like in the image above, by folding it up.

When you’d need to use it like, the bottom side folds out to make up the gun’s handle and reveal the trigger, like so:

[​IMG]

The gun retails for $395, and Ideal Conceal has already received over 12,000 preorders in the US, The Timesnotes.

The Ideal Conceal has police in Europe worried. The gun is expected to arrive illegally in the region in the coming months. Belgian police are apparently on high alert — a warning regarding the gun was already issued.

“To the eye, nothing can distinguish it from a mobile telephone,” the warning read, according to local newspaper Derniere Heure. “Most people possess a smartphone, meaning that it can pass completely overlooked.”

http://bgr.com/2017/01/16/ideal-conceal-iphone-like-gun/

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's pretty bad ass. I'm curious to know how it shoots!

3. Probably just fine as a belly gun or up to 6 feet!

CCW permit required??

:)

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Caliber?

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

6. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed. In the states, I can see this item becoming a very thorny issue for OC and CC battles currently raging.

Personally, I do not like it as a concept because of all the legal tangles using this thing in public will entail. Plus encounters with police on traffic stops, etc.

We, as a US people, are not smart enough to understand how to handle this thing responsibly enough to know when we need to declare we are carrying concealed. "Sorry officer, I was carrying a cell-phone gun, not a "gun"".

7. big mac

big mac

i can see thats not going be a problem :D

let me get this call, you blow your brains out.

or worse yet, person sitting beside you

when ego gets in front of brains, we have a problem

8. Magna

Magna Administrator

It's basically a two-barrel derringer style firearm, not yet in production. They have a YouTube channel here with a few videos from their creator/owner. Here's one from November with his most complete update: