third party platforms

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by toby400, Jul 14, 2020.

1. toby400

toby400

Hi,
    I'm in the UK and trying out IB. But I was wondering if there is a simple platform available that one can use, in conjunction with IB as the broker, to trade Mini Micro's. Just simple charting and one click orders?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

ffs1001 and toby400 like this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Take all the free trials, one at a time, to see what one you like. Let us all know.

toby400 likes this.
  4. toby400

toby400

Checking first if they will run on an iMac without 'wine' or 'parallels' workarounds.

5. Metamega

Metamega

Pretty sure motivewave is Mac native.

Might be slim pickings in the Mac world.

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

www.motivewave.com and www.linnsoft.com have Mac native versions as well as IB TWS mosaic.

toby400 likes this.
  7. Ninjatrader et trading view .

toby400 likes this.
  8. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

toby400 likes this.
  9. toby400

toby400

Thanks everybody. I will check them out.IB charts - I was surprised how user friendly platform was. Push limit order button, line appears on chart, hen pull line down to desired price. Thanks again -plenty of info to get on with.

10. toby400

toby400

Yes -impressed. Been playing around with the TWS platform on my iMac ( no workarounds needed).Can get buy/sell/close buttons on bottom left of screen and able to scalp (one minute chart) Micro Mini's quite happily. Simple chart set up for one Micro ( for simple me) and still learning to transition from CFD's and spread betting in the UK to Futures. Because I live in the UK I lean towards Interactive Brokers UK branch. I had tried trading View with AMP which seems okay but, I feel more comfortable with a broker with an office in the UK. Hell of a lot of reading and demo trading to do but it's fun and an eye opener re- the Futures market. And thanks to you guys who wrote in this thread.
    I attach a Demo delayed price chart.

#10     Aug 11, 2020