thinkorswim programming

Discussion in 'App Development' started by watchdaride, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Had guy make a simple indicator that when a candle switches from solid to clear and visa vresa it alerts me . It make the sound but doesnt sms/email me . The guy says it works on his side and as i get the one that has no customer service he just keeps saying it works in his end . So before i demand my money back any progammers can give me advice . I think on his indicator he needs a command to send text . He says its all set up in set up-- notifications. see images attached alert 1.jpg alert.jpg

2. DaveV

DaveV

I would suspect that sms/email is not working from your system. To test, ask the programmer to build a very simple app that does nothing but send an sms and email message from your system. Assuming it doesn't work, start troubleshooting from there.

3. my price alert sms works . Does there need a box like like where it says play sound or show in message center show to alert sms email

4. heres the code . alert3.jpg

5. truetype

truetype

You can cut/paste the code text to ET, enclosing it with [ CODE ][ /CODE ] (remove spaces) tags. Easier to read.

6. def t1=close>open and close[1]<open[1];
    def t2=close<open and close[1]>open[1];

Alert(t1 or t2, "alert!", Alert.BAR);

7. truetype

truetype

Or, using the tags I suggested,
    Code:
    def t1=close>open and close[1]<open[1];
    def t2=close<open and close[1]>open[1];

Alert(t1 or t2, "alert!", Alert.BAR);

8. Hope you didn't pay more than $1000 USD for that

9. paid $50 above the value of it . dont use this guy ever . doesnt know what he is doing

Shawn

http://www.patternsmart.com

Technical Analysis & Research

10. Jeffro72

Jeffro72

I can code thinkscript.

You don't have to pay, but tips are nice. Even stuff like "don't play with matches". That one really made a difference in my life.

Anyway, PM if you want help, or something created.

#10     Feb 15, 2018
    timdug likes this.