ThinkOrSwim or any other Broker live data account

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by redharel, Feb 10, 2018.

1. redharel

redharel

I'm looking to get live data from ThinkOrSwim with no intention trading from this account.

I need live option chart data especially.
    What is the minimum funding i need and what is the commissions(monthly/yearly) i will need to pay for? Is there better options for me apart from ThinkOrSwim?

2. aldrums

aldrums

I have had a TOS Account for years that I have not traded in with about $400 in it. As long as the statements are electronic, there are no fees.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

May I ask what you want to use it for? If you need their API, they require funding og $500,000.

4. redharel

redharel

Not API, Interactive Broker charts is distorted and i need this for manual trading.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Wow, Why not just use another broker, like Lightspeed. :D

Email me if you want to talk Monday. Yes, we can open accounts from Israel in USD to trade US listed stocks and options.

6. redharel

redharel

No thanks

7. ET180

ET180

Actually, I've had a TD account for several years that I use for checking quotes and for occasionally looking at ThinkorSwim. I've never given them any money. Although I'm considering transferring some shares into the account which are currently not held electronically just so they don't cut me off someday for being a freeloader. Honestly, I'm surprised that they have not.

aldrums likes this.
  8. imjohn

imjohn

I think the minimum funding and commissions is $0.

I've had a TD/thinkorswim account for 18 months. I funded it with $1000 upon opening the account. I wanted to experiment with the platform. I withdrew all funding within the first month, but continued to use ToS. I never lost access to live data. I use ToS every single day to make trading decisions.

My funding/commission fees for ToS is $0. Like ET180, I've never given them any money.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    aldrums likes this.
  9. redharel

redharel

ET180 & losingtrader

They just got back to me to confirm what you guys said, no need for any funding, just to open account (all the document needed etc) and that's it.

Worth mention too, they give 2nd level free, kudos to TOS.

ET180 and imjohn like this.
  10. aldrums

aldrums

Haha...this thread is funny, I didn’t know there were other freeloaders like me using them for free! I opened my TOS account years ago before they were acquired by Ameritrade. Then after multiple meltdowns in fast market conditions, I gave up. It’s not really a pro platform. However, all the data was free including the TF (not free anymore).
    I was actually quite impressed with how TOS handled the volatility last week...I only saw one little blip...but I am only running three charts. My favorite thing about TOS is their alert system...really easy to set them and instant push notifications.

#10     Feb 11, 2018