Thinkorswim indicators

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dylan57, Oct 13, 2008.

1. dylan57

dylan57

Is this right? On my thinkorswim platform it is showing TRIN at 141!!!! The dow is up 400! It is swinging wildly too. Weird things have happened with these indicators before. Is this just thinkorswim? Is there something wrong with thinkorswim software?

2. the dow is actually up 400. what seems to be the problem here? :confused:

3. dylan57

dylan57

That is what I wrote that the dow is up 400 but my platform was showing the arms index(TRIN) at 141. Now it shows it at 32. When the market is up like this with advance volume something like 5 times decline volume the TRIN should be below one. Even when the market is heavily down the TRIN is never that high. There has to be something wrong with the software and I just wanted to know if anyone else is having these problems.

4. dylan57

dylan57

Also I'm trying to understand other indicators on this platform. NYSE volume on friday was about 11 billion shares. When I add the NYSE up volume and down volume indicators for friday it equals only 28 million. I thought maybe you have to add a couple zeros to the value on the quoted even if you do it would be either 2.8 billion or 28 billion, neither are close to 11 billion. So for some reason, the volume is not matching up to the volume reported by the financial media.