The Wall of Shame

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Wide Tailz, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Friends, do not let the hype behind your stocks distract you from doing your job.

The bear market has been brutal, but it was possible to see it coming.

Look at how the 50 weekly bar sma would have protected you from these disasters:

Meta.JPG

Spce.jpg

Nvda.jpg

Shop.jpg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Why were you not telling us about this BACK THEN!?!??!?!??!?!?

3. Worth repeating the advice from one of the greatest futures traders of all time:

"Cut losses, cut losses, cut losses. If you can do this, you may have a chance."

Pton.jpg

Upst.jpg

Amzn.jpg

Gnrc.jpg

4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Do the same with SQQQ to see why I'm long in it :D

murray t turtle and Wide Tailz like this.
  5. Edmond

Edmond

because you should have seen it coming on your own.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

MA's laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

wastelands likes this.
  7. themickey

themickey

Sometimes lagging is good, a lag gives time to confirm price action.
    Having a crystal ball is better, but they are as rare as hens teeth.
    Sometimes its good to lag and view the outcome.
    float-sharks-buoyant.jpg

wastelands and KCalhoun like this.
  8. deaddog

deaddog

Very true but if you need something to tell you to get the hell out they are better than buy and hold.

VicBee likes this.
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

Better than a sharp stick in the eye, but who is foolish enough to stand still when a sharp stick is getting close?

Now you're on to something when you mention price action. Price action just is. No need for squigglies.

For instance META (1st stock chart pic) it was down -11.98% from all time high to start the year. Does that mean it will continue. No. But it sure tells one the current trend and probabilities trends continue until they don't.
    !META.png

murray t turtle and KCalhoun like this.
  10. I appreciate the vote of confidence, and while I was mentally bearish the moment they announced the end of QE and the start of rate hikes in the beginning of this year, my muppet tendencies kept trying to buy the dip and it cost me. I'm not an elite trader. :(

However, I am totally in cash in the 401k and foolishly flat in the spec account. I should have shorted this pig with both fists. Sell the rips!

#10     Sep 25, 2022