The Truth About Trading!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MrScalper, Jun 3, 2017.

1. MrScalper

MrScalper

This thread is for ANY PERSON who is interested in discussing why it is so hard to make money trading!

18-24 will find it extremely hard

25-40 will find it very hard

41-50 will find it somewhat hard

50+ might find it easy!

2. Are those supposed to be age groups? What does age have to do with it?

As far as I'm concerned 99.58% will fail o_O in spite of them trying so hard with determination to See the Light and putting in the so-called 10,000 hours to be an expert.
    Most people are squares...who try to fit into a circle hole -- and vice versa. And wonder why things aren't working out for them.

I equate trading with The Matrix 1999 movie...you kind of have to be aware of the potential support and resistance levels with the occasional breakouts and volatility. Along with keeping an open, flexible mind. Alot of variables to consider that are always in play.

Be a Master of One, not a jack of all trades.
    All the great traders in history specialized in something that fits their vision and mold. I'm mainly thinking of retail guys; hedge fund managers are more of investors.

Everything is easier said than done in hindsight -- I'm pretty sure no trader will call trading 'easy'...even though it may look like it from the outside looking in at the few rare successful one's who are raking in money with a rake.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    TradeViper and Macca1 like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

It is not hard to make money trading. It is hard to make OURSELVES make it easy to make money trading. Many of us have the tools and the technique. We just don't have our heads on straight. We are our own worst enemies I reckon'.

WeToddDid2, Jones75, Vindago and 3 others like this.
  4. Because it`s mr. scalper.

5. Trade the NQ or the ES. Get long on pullbacks. Get long on breakouts. Profit

6. java

java

It gets easier the fewer mouths you have to feed. Especially little mouths that like to eat every day.

truber likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I love candy! (About 1:45 minutes in. Sorry).

8. Trading is like playing the guitar or the drums! You have to practice and pay your dues before you master the trade!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    toc, truber, pak and 3 others like this.
  9. themickey

themickey

That sums it up perfectly!
    Nice one.

10. Humpy

Humpy

One hard path is to recognise one probably can't master the art in 50 years on your own, SO - find someone who can, to help. Why re-invent the wheel.

#10     Jun 4, 2017