The Tech Lead takes on BLM (and loses)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fan27, Jul 30, 2020.

1. fan27

fan27

Looks like our good friend the Tech Lead used his rational an logical thinking to take on BLM.

Well...we all know what the outcome of that would be.

Dr. Love likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

who?

gaussian likes this.
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

His posts on Twitter werent even that bad and they still came after him.

And he didnt even give the real reason why there are so few Blacks in Silicon valley.

Had he given the real reason he really would have been cancelled.

Silicon valley companies are not racist against Blacks, they would love to hire more Blacks, but Blacks just don't make the cut.

Sadly Blacks have a genetic disadvantage when it comes to abstract reasoning (IQ), high abstract reasoning ability is required for hard tech jobs like software development. Its more or less something you are born with and cant really learn.

Average IQ by racial group in the US:

Jewish 113
    Asians 106
    Whites 103
    Hispanics 89
    Blacks 85

Very few blacks will have IQ > 130 which is required to make it into the top tech firms.

Link and proof of the above can be found on my other ET thread.
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/iq-by-groups-in-the-us.348046/

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Poverty lowers IQ. This is the problem with your simplistic argument here.

5. Millionaire

Millionaire

Average IQ in poor Mongolia is 101, that is even higher than the rich US and UK average, so poverty has little to do with it.

China average IQ is 105, most of the Chinese live in real poverty. No welfare for the poor in China like the Blacks in the US get.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/average-iq-by-country

6. Ricter

Ricter

Nope.

7. fan27

fan27

BS. I have worked in tech for 20 years and this totally contradicts my experience working with black software engineers. The IQ stats you posted are meaningless in terms of showing genetic disadvantage or advantage. Run the tests on kids brought up in the same environments (schooling, culture, etc) and you will see much closer IQ numbers.

gaussian, LS1Z28 and Ricter like this.
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Yep. Enriched environments raise IQ.

LS1Z28 and fan27 like this.
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I have also worked with blacks (as well as many people with diverse backgrounds) in the software engineering field. I found the black engineers on our projects to be smart, hardworking and excellent teammates. One of the better points in my life has been the time that I have spent working with others from different backgrounds - I enjoyed learning their perspectives and growing due to their insights. It taught me to have a more open mind.

I find this harping on IQ of entire groups to be absurd.... we should take a look at individuals in regards to personal achievement. More broadly from a community perspective we should focus on education, family, income, and other differences in regards to the achievements of racial groups.... and the question should be how can we improve the achievement.

vanzandt and fan27 like this.
  10. Millionaire

Millionaire

You will always get Outliers, some Blacks and some female software developers will be really good.

But they are Outliers, there will be very few of them.

Yes females do have a Genetic disadvantage too when it comes to abstract reasoning.

But females do have a numbers advantage, 170 million females in the US, there will be more Outliers in terms of absolute numbers.

#10     Jul 31, 2020