The Seltzer Bubble

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jul 17, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

The Seltzer Bubble

Demand for sparkling water is on the up and up—buoyed by concerns about health, it's seeing double-digit growth. That's bringing big brands into the market, along with a range of buzzy upstarts. But is this all a bit fizzy for an industry that's selling, well, fancy water? New York Times

2. Ryan81

Ryan81

I've been doing Keto for a while, so I completely quit sweetened soda. Even quit the diet and "zero" variants for the most part.

The flavored/unsweetened sparkling water is something I regularly purchase. I don't buy the ridiculously expensive "La Croix" (et all) stuff though. The cheaper store brand cans are fine.

I'm a fan. It's a lot more "interesting" to the palate than plain/flat water, and doesn't have the nasty side effect of spiking blood sugar levels.

This does seem to be a trend (among my peers, at least.)

dealmaker likes this.
  3. fan27

fan27

Drinking a Polar Seltzer right now. Even my 16 year old drinks it. We buy it by the case!

dealmaker likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sparkling water is the shit, I grew up on it. Except we didn't carry it home, because carrying water is a relatively new thing. We made it at home.

[​IMG]

dealmaker and fan27 like this.