The Price We Pay for Sitting Too Much

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blakpacman, Sep 29, 2015.

1. blakpacman

blakpacman

2. ElCubano

ElCubano

I have a shoulder pain that wont go away, its my right shoulder which is the arm I use when sitting at my desk/computer.

3. Well gotta get off my ass do some exercise. Eat less. That's not a new mantra. Treadmill, stationary bike, 21 century resistance machines (barbell is a poor substitute, but carefully selected can also work)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  4. nursebee

nursebee

On shoulder pain...
    I had surgery and had more time at home in front of the computer
    My baseline upper back pain got worse.
    I visited massage people to help, a very intense vigorous massage, seemed to help some.
    I got back to work for about a month but the pain got worse.
    My right arm and shoulder developed new pain, intense pain.

I went to see a chiropractor as there was no way I was going to see a surgeon.
    My structural alignment was SHIT.
    I got some adjustments.
    I used a neck Denneroll, built up to 20 minutes. This brought my neck into better alignment.
    I did exercises to build up muscles in neck and upper back to TIGHTEN up what had been loosened up by massage and poor posture.
    With time this got better.
    I also did some denneroll thoracic stuff in the chiro office.
    I got off the Motrin.
    I went back to work.
    I raised my computer monitor to my eye height.
    I keep my head back.
    I rarely use the lotions and potions that I have used since high school!!!

I love this thing:

I used to follow Don Miller religiously and recall him talking about massage being bad:
    http://donmillereducation.com/journ...end-trader-why-holistic-trading-is-paramount/

Good luck cubano

5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Thank you Bee. I have been doing rotator cuff exercises at the gym (light). I have also made it a point to get up every 30 min stretch and/or stand for 8-10min. I will look into that back stretcher...

How long do you lay on the stretcher for? do you use it multiple times a day or once?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. nursebee

nursebee

For me it was all about my shoulders and upper trunk being rounded forward and my head moving forward too far

The exercises and stretching are for correcting those problems.

Up to 20 minutes for the devices.

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

ok purchased thanks, I also got a medium band for home use. appreciate the advice.