The other day I met a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Jun 15, 2018.

1. I spoke a little small talk and did not even tell him who I was or that I traded. It just seemed like so much work.

I go about my day with my routines and grow farther and farther away from the thought of social contact. I like animals better than people. Wifey and I live out past the suburbs and I enjoy being isolated from the city very much. I find myself going out of my way to avoid running into people. I do not have any friends.... nowadays not even any acquaintances. I feel happy and productive. I have my visions and goals and somedays I can be more creative than other days. I love to come here in ET and post with traders, but would not like to meet you in person.

Is there something wrong with me?

ES

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    beginner66, 777, andyjenks and 4 others like this.
  2. Nahhh....It`s ok not to show your underwear.

3. themickey

themickey

Nothing wrong here I doubt, I feel the same.
    Were I to meet the ET members at a party, I think I would just want to go home asap, wouldn't know what to say, would feel awkward and stupid.
    I love my man cave too.
    Have attempted numerous times to discuss trading with close friends and it never works out, I would rather talk bs about fishing or the weather.

wlnd and Zodiac4u like this.
  4. Jack1960

Jack1960

Yes, definitely no friends is the only way to go . Why do you need a wife or animals? Get rid of them. Why even post on ET? Just have groceries delivered, why even go out of the house because you may run into people?

rybe, athlonmank8, ELo and 4 others like this.
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Sounds like you have found your personal sanctuary. The only problem that I can see with this is when you get old and one day God (or whatever you deity or supreme powers you believe in) forbid your wifey ascends to up there before you that's when you are going to feel the loneliness from having no friends or acquaintances all these years. But then again that's the same problem that all of us are going to be facing because we are all living pretty much like you, coming here on ET to share our thoughts otherwise dedicating our time and energy to trading and living with our life partner. So maybe some day when we got old and lost our life partner and even retired from trading, we should seek each other out and start to form a face-to-face ET support group. And since we have been comfortable talking to each other about trading all these years, maybe we won't feel awkward meeting each other in person.

Just a thought.

6. Enough sects nowadays...

7. Handle123

Handle123

Recently been diagnosed with Aspergers, have always known the way you feel and live in my life, even though owned businesses/employees, renters, forced myself to interact, but played the part of who I was supposed to be doing. Now older, don't care about may things, it is funny though, I got older and have more solid friends than younger.

People don't understand what we do, and I don't want to set myself up for that question "will you teach me"? And in polite way I say hell no. And traders I have met, they look at me like I was from Mars, at 6'6" always asked did I play basketball, and I want to ask it they were jockeys.

Just want mother nature to take me home to the skies, been too long of a painful life.

wlnd, cafeole, beginner66 and 5 others like this.
  8. JSOP

JSOP

This is where you do NOT quit while you are ahead. You have no idea what mother nature has in store for you!!

10. traider

traider

Doesn't aspergers make you a really good trader? How do you know if you have aspergers and not just really smart and don't fit in the crowd?

#10     Jun 16, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.